Question New 55 inch needed but will be sitting 10 feet away

djmcgrathav

Standard Member
Reaction score
I was nearly set on the TV I wanted but then it went out of stock and isn't being replaced and now I'm super confused again. My requirements are:

- 55 inch
- Not Curved (as I'll want to put it on the wall in a few months)
- Ideally from a shop, such as John Lewis or Currys, so if it has problems, I feel more secure having a physical place to talk to.
- watching Sky Q (mostly HD, rare 4K, and very occasional SD, such as the +1 Sky channels)
- Xbox One (not the high end games such as Call of Duty, etc and nothing online - it's mostly sports games such as FIFA, F1, etc). When playing, I might be sitting 3-4 feet away.
- I'm sitting around 10-12 feet away for general TV watching.
- There are some sofas on the side of my room, so the viewing angle should be good.
- Watch sport (football, etc) quite a lot. Motion blur needs to be as minimal as possible.
- I don't really watch films from any other source other than TV. It's mostly sport and general TV such as BBC/ITV etc.
- Needs at least 2 HDMI and an Ethernet port
- Budget (obviously as cheap as possible), but up to £1200.

I was pretty much decided on the LG 910 OLED (the Full HD one), but then my two normal shops of Richer Sounds and John Lewis stopped selling it and I can't any others with decent guarantees.

I seem to be almost be forced to get a 4K TV, and due to my distance, I'm confused between any of them. There are some Full HD ones, but the price seems to be £1200+, which is a lot for old technology.

I see some 4K TVs for around £500-700, and some for £1200+, and can't quite see the differences in specs.

Can someone please advice a suitable TV for me?

Thanks in advance.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom