• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

New 55 Inch LED TV - Installation Height On Wall?

topdogwoof

Novice Member
Hi I currently have a 36 inch Toshiba CRT TV and thus its mounted on its stand.

Bottom of the picture height is 620 mm from the floor
Top of the picture height is 1060 mm from the floor

Never mounted a TV before on a wall before and naturally realise its a lot bigger screen, though I have noticed that generally people tend to mount TV's slightly higher when wall mounted.

Its just a standard sitting room, with no restrictions on the wall and normal ceiling heights.

I have marked both the bottom and top viewing screen heights on the wall, as a test before installation.

Bottom of the picture height would be 700 mm from the floor
Top of the picture height would be 1430 mm from the floor

Would a few people please post some bottom and top viewing heights for installed 50 to 60 inch TV that are wall mounted and it will give me a bit of an idea. I may be able to use some temporary furniture and test using the stand but if I go for the 55F8000 this will probably not be the case, so this will help a lot.

toadz

Hi I currently have a 36 inch Toshiba CRT TV and thus its mounted on its stand.

Bottom of the picture height is 620 mm from the floor
Top of the picture height is 1060 mm from the floor

Never mounted a TV before on a wall before and naturally realise its a lot bigger screen, though I have noticed that generally people tend to mount TV's slightly higher when wall mounted.

Its just a standard sitting room, with no restrictions on the wall and normal ceiling heights.

I have marked both the bottom and top viewing screen heights on the wall, as a test before installation.

Bottom of the picture height would be 700 mm from the floor
Top of the picture height would be 1430 mm from the floor

Would a few people please post some bottom and top viewing heights for installed 50 to 60 inch TV that are wall mounted and it will give me a bit of an idea. I may be able to use some temporary furniture and test using the stand but if I go for the 55F8000 this will probably not be the case, so this will help a lot.
If you can mount it anywhere have it so the middle of your screen is closest to eye level from your seated position for optimum viewing. LCD TVs wash out if you view from angles both horizontally and vertically. Mines on a 50cm stand so its slightly higher than my eye level but only about 5-10°

The latest video from AVForums

Hisense U7H TV and T+A Solitaire T headphone reviews, AV/HiFi news plus, what is screen uniformity?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom