New 55" help

bobthegod

Novice Member
Hi all, am looking to find a replacement for my old LG 55UJ634 (which unfortunately met its end) and after a few weeks looking at various places to buy and the guides here have pretty much left my self stuck and unable to choose between 2 that are the same price, look good and are both at the top of the budget have, so any help picking would be great

Sony XH95
LG BX

The room the TV will be going in doesn't have great natural light so glare or that isnt really an issue. also TV is only rarely going to get used for any gaming so things like HDMI 2.1 aren't really a concern. the main use ill get out of it is just going to be some Netflix/Disney+/etc TV and Movies in the evenings or night and the wife looks at a lot of Netflix during the daytime. main concern id have is the kids are getting to that age in the next year or two where children's tv channels are more likely to be on during the day and with the logos always on those channels i'm not even really sure how much of an issue burn in is anymore with OLED tvs? is it just a bit overhyped?

bobthegod

Novice Member
I personally wouldn't get an OLED if I had kids using the TV unsupervised. Its not so much the channel logos, but more leaving apps like youtube in-menu a lot.
i actually hadn't even considered that but i get exactly what you mean, sure might just go with the Sony then

alfa159

hello oled and a good leap forward the sony tried it and a good tv but oled even if low-end like the bx is always better than an lcd or friends who year the bx and are super happy it depends what you have to do with it but I would go on the bx apart from that now lg cx has lowered the price a lot maybe you spend a little more and get the top 2020

bobthegod

Novice Member
hello oled and a good leap forward the sony tried it and a good tv but oled even if low-end like the bx is always better than an lcd or friends who year the bx and are super happy it depends what you have to do with it but I would go on the bx apart from that now lg cx has lowered the price a lot maybe you spend a little more and get the top 2020
i do like the idea of getting an OLED, just with future use by the kids and lingering issues with burn in it might just not be the right time to move over to one is my main concern

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Streaming Theatrical Releases And The Future Of Cinema
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom