Question new 50in 4k TV

skunkmunkey3000

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi there,

I'm new to the forum but have been having a read through but am still confused as to what TV would be best for me.

I'm looking to replace my Panasonic C48cx400b (which is actually as Vestal), it's started playing up and doesn't always want to turn on and frankly I just don't like it. I bought it on a whim a couple of years ago and didn't realise quite how low grade it would be.

I'm looking for a replacement of 48-50in, needs to be 4K as I have my PC attached and do run games at 4k. I generally viewing from about 8ft away if watching tv/films but tend to sit a lot closer when gaming.

Ideally I don't want to spend more than about £600 but can stretch a little higher if I need to. Generally looking at something I can get from JL or RS so I can get the longer warranty (the Panasonic has stung me with only a years warranty).

So far I've been looking at;
Sony 49XE8004
Sony 59XE7002
Panasonic 50EX700B (I'm wary of Panasonic at this time but presume their own products are better than the re-badged ones)
Samsung 49MU6500

I know at this price point I'm not really going to get any worthwhile HDR but do any of these models perform better than the others?

Any help of advice you could provide would be greatly appreciated

Thanks for your reply, looking at the Samsungs, is there much difference bvetween the 6500 and the 6670, I've found them both in a store local to me so I can go and check them out and there's only £10 price difference so figure they can't be that different.

Don't think so, the Samsung models with a xx70 at the end are Curry's exclusives but when you look at the 6670 vs 6500 there are no discernible differences in specs. Differences will just be in design...which remotes come on the box, that kind of thing.

Its worthin getting the 6500 just so you don't have to buy from Currys tbh :)

Thanks for your response.

I picked up the 6500 from JL at lunch time, it added an extra hour or so onto the journey but worthwhile to get the extra warranty.

The picture is much better than the old Panaphony when viewing the 4k demo videos I've got, haven't had the chance to game or watch any 4k films yet but I don't think I'm going to be disapointed. Thanks for your help Dodge.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom