1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New 504 and problem with Scart switch

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by dinarly, Dec 24, 2003.

1. dinarly

dinarly
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My 504 arrived yesterday. It replaced a 503 loaner so it was a simple case of swapping them over on the wall.

The 504 looks fantastic – even switched off. Where the 503 looked utilitarian, the 504 is elegant. Of lesser importance (to my wife) was the improvement in the picture quality over the 503. The improvement was not a ‘chalk-and-cheese’ experience but the picture simply looks clearer to my eyes.

Things still to do:
    Bury the cables
    Chase up the Media card (missing from my media box and the other one for a 434 being delivered elsewhere)
    Buy an 868 and HDMI cable

When it’s all done, I’ll post a pic on the ‘..out for the lads’ thread.

I tried using my Quinto (scart switching thingy) to connect SKY+ and XBox to input 1 (RGB) but the info box kept appearing (top right – shows RGB||625) every 15 seconds or so. It looks like it keeps aspect switching. I tried changing setting on SKY+ (16:9 to 4:3, etc) and the 504 settings but the problem remains. I get the same thing if I select the DVD player on the Quinto. I now have SKY+ in input 1, Xbox = input 2 and DVD on input 3. Anyone had problems like this with scart switches?

Kind Regards and a happy Christmas to you all,
    ASH

2. Arsenal

Arsenal
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    No idea on scart switches sorry.

But I seem to recall reading somewhere that the Media card was part of the package for only the first 4000 series 4 plasmas sold.. maybe they have passed that mark now?

3. ymw

ymw

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    cut the pin 8 wire on the scart lead or changing setting on SKY+ on picture settings scart control to off.