New 50" plasma tv - samsung ps50b530s2wxxu

bil123321

Standard Member
Reaction score
hi guys im thinking of buying a 50" plasma model = SAMSUNG PS50B530S2WXXU

comet are showing the ad on tv rite now.. its on for £699.00
but ive got a promo code which will give me a £30 discount but i have to use it befor wed 14th oct...

i want your opinion guys.. PRO's n CON's

Thanks

hi guys im thinking of buying a 50" plasma model = SAMSUNG PS50B530S2WXXU

comet are showing the ad on tv rite now.. its on for £699.00
but ive got a promo code which will give me a £30 discount but i have to use it befor wed 14th oct...

i want your opinion guys.. PRO's n CON's

Thanks

I bought this TV yesterday and so far I have only pro's :)

I'm not an expert on these kinds of things and this is my first plasma (had LCD's previously) but I'll try to answer any questions you may have.

Once it was out of the box and on the stand (this is at least a 2 person job) the setup is easy and took literally 3 minutes, two minutes were down to the TV scanning for freeview channels.

Picture quality is amazing on TV & DVD, out of this world on Blu-Ray and I'm still waiting to get the PS3 on there!

Definitely a noticeable difference between this and the LCD that's 4" smaller and a £100 cheaper, they had them side by side in the shop and this wiped the floor with it IMO.

Menus are easy to use, though I haven't tweked any settings yet, there is plenty to do if you want to change them.

Hope this helps a littel bit.

Jay

Enter 5SAVE in Currys checkout for 5% off then it'll be £665. (it works tried it this AM)

Tom

OP - did you get this TV? If so how do you find it?

I too am looking at getting a new TV. Has any one else any details on this TV?

Was alos eyeing up this TV but not sure if its to big for me... i sit about 9.5feet away from TV.

Price on currys website is now £799.

i was in the store on wednesday and its there for £699.

seems a good TV for the price.
want it for gaming & normal Sky

Comet has it for £799 also, was £699 yesterday! :(

I too will be having it for gaming & sky with the odd blu-ray.

Last edited:
Was alos eyeing up this TV but not sure if its to big for me... i sit about 9.5feet away from TV.

TV is defo not too big if your sat 9.5ft away, dont go any smaller that 50" if you want to see the benefits of 1080p :smashin:

TV is defo not too big if your sat 9.5ft away, dont go any smaller that 50" if you want to see the benefits of 1080p :smashin:

Yeh think you are right... ill go with a 50" :clap:

need to find a decent one for £700

im also doing my research on best 1080p 50" plasma for the last week or so

and it looks like the LG 50PS3000 is the one to go for, (thanks to monarch for the advice:smashin:)

richer sounds doing it for £669, (+ £69 for 5yr warranty)

im just trying to get John Lewis to price match that (as they come with 5yr warranty as standard)

i was also looking at this samsung your on about, but seems the LG is better

check out the big thread on the LG

im also doing my research on best 1080p 50" plasma for the last week or so

and it looks like the LG 50PS3000 is the one to go for, (thanks to monarch for the advice:smashin:)

richer sounds doing it for £669, (+ £69 for 5yr warranty)

im just trying to get John Lewis to price match that (as they come with 5yr warranty as standard)

i was also looking at this samsung your on about, but seems the LG is better

check out the big thread on the LG

Any luck with this??

I got the TV originally mentioned (SAMSUNG PS50B530S2WXXU) and its great! got it when Comet still had it cheap, which was nice...

Am using it for Xbox, PS3 and PC (for films) and it works great. the contrasts for games such as COD are clear and defined.

The only issue im having is getting it to recognise my PC (when either plugged in by HDMI or VGA) - it just says 'source not found' - has anyone else had any similar issues? im guessing i need to muck about with the resolutions, but its set to 1080p so dont knwo why it wont work.

In regards to the LG - i looked at getting this (keep working on the John Lewis idea, becuase the 5 yr warranty is useful) but i dont think the contrast ratios were as good. the next LG up (is it the ps5000 or 6000? cant remember) looked a better deal, even though it is a bit more money.

In conclusion, i would say this is a great TV. if you can get it for 700, great, if not i would say its well worth 800.
The only thing that lets this TV down, as with most Samsung's, is the sound. But if, like me, you think all TV's sound rubbish and you cant beat a surround sound set-up, this isn't an issue at all!

Even better... apart from the fact im £50 down... :(

It's £650 at Dixons, delivered.

how've you found it for that price? site saying £695 when i go on it:confused:

edit - its me getting confused, thought you were talking about the PS3000

Hi,
Audiohubuk is a scam site - please do not have anything to do with them.

SAMSUNG PS50B530S 50" 1080p Plasma TV - Cheap SAMSUNG LCD TVs, Plasma TVs, HD Ready TVs

wait until tomorrow(21st/10/09) between 10am and 10pm enter THREE12 at checkout for 3% more off.... another £20 give or take..

good find, well im going to pop down to shops tomorrow to compare these 2 TV's, so that code may come in useful:smashin:

50PS3000 is even cheaper at Audiohub £620. Please note that I have never used them.

LG 50PS3000 Plasma screen

Hi,
Audiohubuk is a scam site - please do not have anything to do with them.

yep scam site unfortunatley, already seen it

I got a nice cheque for an insurance claim for whiplash coming this week :D

was gonna go for the B850, but this one looks great for the price?

any ideas what difference is between the 530S and the B850? part from the internet featues etc who needs that i got a laptop for that....

and whats the S2WXXU on the end mean?

thanks

and whats the S2WXXU on the end mean?

the offical product code is PS50b530S2W. the rest is (i think) something Comet added on for some reason...

If you look around these forums a bit deeper, you will find explainations for that very thing. I think the letters denote company, and the numbers country although it could be a mix of both. Have read it around these parts some where so go digging.:thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom