New 50" 1080P Panasonic Plasma has horizontal line issue

Discussion in 'Panasonic TVs Forum' started by k0rn, Mar 16, 2006.

1. k0rn

k0rn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I visited cebit 2006 and also paid Panasonic a visit to check out what's new... (well and of course the stunning panny booth babes)

They showed the new 50" 1080P Plasma which will substitute the current 50" at a comparable price..

So far, so good.

BUT... as I watched the demo loop I discovered that the new Panel also has the same "horizontal line"-issue the PV500 suffered from. I was really stunned so I asked a Panasonic person.. at first he didn't know what I was talking about. After some 5 minutes of carefully watching the demo loop, he finally discovered it and was pretty surprised to say at least. Unfortunately, there was not one techie there who could comment on the issue.
    I have to note also, that the demo loop contained nearly no vertical pans so it was kinda hard to spot...

For those of who don't know what the hell I'm talking about: don't worry and don't get spoiled. It's a defect on the Pannys that very few actually see and it's only visible on vertical camera pans...

I have a 37PV500 and since I accidently discovered this issue it bothers me a little. But as the pannys are still near perfect, I don't have a real problem with that.

It's just sad to see they don't solve those things with new panels. Don't know yet if it has the auto contrast issue, too but I fear so.

PS: the 1080P resolution doesn't make much sense on 50" or less, the picture didn't have more detail than the PV500.

2. abooker

abooker

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I agree .... they were very stunning Panny booth babes !!:thumbsup:
    Did you like the 103" plasma !?!! It certainly got some attention from everyone ...

3. k0rn

k0rn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well, it's huge but nothing really special. People get fooled by size... I prefer sheer picture quality. ;)

But oh were those babes beautiful.... :clap: