New 4K TV old Sky Box how to get best viewing quality?

FastLane13

Novice Member
Good Evening,

I bought a new 4K SMART SAMSUNG TV recently. I have free to view Sky Channels (I used to be a Sky customer but stopped in 2011) so I have the older Sky Box from 10 years ago.

What I noticed is that viewing quality on TV with Old Sky Box is not that good compared to watching things on Youtube, Iplayer etc..

What would you suggest to do to improve viewing quality? I do not want to go back to SKY as the subscriptions are too high imo.

Good Evening.

gibbsy

The old Sky box has just the five HD channels and they should look pretty good upscaled to 4K. With the old box it's mainly SD channels and not matter what you view them on they are still going to look pretty rubbish. The new SkyQ box, if you take out the expensive UHD option has far more in HD and several in UHD.

If the TV has an Amazon Prime app then why not take out a subscription, at least take the 30 day trial, plenty of native 4K on that site. If you take the full subscription that means you get Prime free postage on around 90% of all orders. With lockdown it paid for it's self within days.

The latest video from AVForums

65-inch LG C1 Review coming soon to AVForums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom