New 4K TV 50 Inch what one to buy ?.

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by samapple789, Jul 17, 2015.

Tags:
  1. samapple789

samapple789
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi guys i am just about to sell my Old Panasonic GT20 42 inch there today and i am now in the market to replace it with a 50 INCH 4K.

I am based in Ireland

I have been looking at a few different tvs over the the past week and really cant make my mind up with to go for.

They need to have Netflix 4K, Spoity and at lest one HDMI 2.0 into it witch will more then likely be used with a 4K Blu Ray player when ever they come out.

The models i have been looking at are

LG 49UB820V

PANASONIC VIERA TX-48CX400B

LG 49UF770V thinking of this one as it is 1000 euros for it with 6 months Netflix

Sony KD-49X8305C. I can get this one at trade price and the only thing that is making me say no is the TV OS is post to be a bit crap and notting really on it app wise

So out of them 4 TVS what would be the best one to go for as i have been using a plasma for the past 4 and 1/2 years what would have the must like picture of one ?

2. raduv1

raduv1
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10,415
    Have you considered the Samsung 55" JS9000 as it's footprint is not large due to the thin bezel. It fills out all your criteria and if to big they also do a 48" I believe.

I come from a Panny 50" gt30 and this is a bright tv to say the least. Today I had it calibrated and it is now close to the plasma that I'm used to but with the added benifit of 4k and UHD HDR BD.

3. Old Bones

Old Bones

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +66
    The Sony (the OS isn't bad, and you can always use Chromecast, etc on it) is a great 4K, the Pannie is rubbish (made in Turkey - do not touch, try at least the 6 series for the Panasonic), and the LG I havn't seen, although they tend to be decent.

The 9 series Samung is lovely, but its over £2000 in a 48, whereas the Sony is £899 and the decent 680 Panasonic is £799. Totally different levels. The Samsung 6400 is decent entry 4K though, and is pretty cheap at the moment.

Black levels after a plasma are going to be tough, and the more you pay the better the blacks and the better the panel - its up to you how high you want to go. Go and look at them, but I'd go for the Sony if the budget is less than 1200 euros.