1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

new 4805 firmware is here!!!!

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by CyBeRkId2002, Sep 30, 2005.

1. CyBeRkId2002

CyBeRkId2002

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +124
  2. boksbox

boksbox

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    For those who are thinking of purchasing a 4805 can you tell us what it is that you're looking forward to in this update?

3. CyBeRkId2002

CyBeRkId2002

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +124
    the last firmware update had a problem to do with a distracting pulse of light every few seconds so hopefully this has addressed the issue.... Personally i am hoping for updated edid information so i can use my 6200 with it satisfactorily

4. mightyoakbob

mightyoakbob

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    The new software release does not address that issue at least according to an email I received from Infocus.

Infocus tell me they have had a team of people at both Infocus and Texas Instruments working on this problem for 6 months and as yet no sloution can be found that is compatible with the newer software structure.

They tell me they intend to continue to try and find a solution.

I think we can forget it. How much would it cost now to fix the 4805 which must be near the end of its sales life. They won't bother to fix it, that's my preditction which means sticking with v1.02 software and its problems.

Bob.

5. mavice

mavice

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    has anyone upgraded to 1.2.1 yet to confirm if it does address the flicker problem ? :lease:

otherwise, little point upgrading - the other listed improvements appear little use to normal users. :thumbsdow