New 47"

adams901

Established Member
Reaction score
I feel like my brain is about to turn to mush.

I have been looking at various TVs over the last few days, and have visited so many threads on this forum I feel as though I could write a book. However, my inability to make a decision is annoying.

Originally I was dead set on the Panasonic 47WT50 (even with its rather crap stand), so I visited John lewis to look at, the picture quality was pretty good from what I could see in the bright shop, unfortunately they didn't have it setup for 3D.

Luckily its little brother the 47DT50 was running in 3D mode, this is where things started to take a turn for the worse as I assume the 3D quality between the DT and WT isn't that much... The 3D didn't look that great, although if I am honest the demo they was showing was pretty crap and looked as though it wasn't originally filmed in 3D, also I could notice quite a lot of flickering, to the extent that it was uncomfortable.

Sitting right next to the 47DT50 was an LG 47LM960V running in 3D mode, so I put the glasses on and the image jumped out of the screen with no discomfort what so ever. However, the LG was running an LG demo disk which is obviously designed to give the reaction I had. Unfortunately there wasn't a similar LG running on 2D so I couldn't decide on the quality of the 2D picture.

Having done some more looking around, I have read that the Panasonic L47ET5 uses the LG panel which creates the Triangle of indecisiveness.

So, my shortlist

47WT50 (Worried the WT will flicker like the DT)
47ET5 (Could this be the best of both worlds?)
47LM960V (worried about the large amount of wide spread issues reported by owners, even though the 3D side of it was in my opinion excellent)

Any feedback or thoughts would be welcomed as I am hopefully going to order one today (Sunday), at the moment the WT50 along with a BDT320EB player and a copy of Prometheus is sitting in my amazon basket.

The TV will mainly be used for SKY HD, movies and the occasional gaming session.

well mate looks like u done your homework
i suspect there wont b a lot of difference between them so just bite the bullet and go with your gut
good luck :smashin:

Popped into John Lewis and asked them to price match my local Currys on the 47WT50 (£1499).

They said it shouldn't be a problem, although they would need to verify with the store as the currys website shows it for £1799.

If I don't like Active 3D they are willing to let me take it back and swap it for the LG. I was unable to see 3D on any of the WT series as John Lewis didn't have any players hooked up to them, and although Currys were showing a Panasonic 3D promotion video, they were adamant they didn't have any glasses I could use to see how the 3D was. Hence they lost the sale.

Who would have thought how stressful it is choosing a TV lol.

yea well done mate make sure your happy with what your handing all that cash over for salespeople will say what ever u want to hear to get a sale

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom