Question New 40" and 55" Required

Kit85

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

It's been a while since I last needed to buy AV equipment but a new house means I'm looking for a 40" TV for the kitchen and 55" TV for the living room. I'll need them in around 6 weeks so want to keep an eye on prices once I decide on the models. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

40" - to be situated on a kitchen wall which is perpendicular to bifold doors leading to a south facing garden.. I fear reflection may be an issue! Dining table will be around 6 feet away with kitchen island around 15 feet away
Current thinking: Panasonic 40EX700B

55"
- to be wall mounted in the rear living room. There will be a large corner sofa spanning the wall opposite the TV so wide viewing angles are important
Current thinking: LG OLED55C7V

Let me know your views and whether there are others I should be considering.

If reflection is an issue you might be happier with models such as the Sony 43XD80xx or Samsung 40KU6000 if you can still find one, they like the Panasonic EX700 do not have anti reflection filters (that's a feature only of high end tv's) but they do get a lot brighter than the Panasonic. They may be very hard to find now though.

For the living room if you need wide viewing angles and want to retain good blacks and contrast OLED is the only choice. The LGs are about the best value price wise right now. Other models to consider would be the Philips POS9002 which seems very hard to find but will be better with motion and the Panasonic EZ952 which is more expensive, but will also be better for motion and picture processing. The Sony A1 is a bit too pricey to be good value right now if you ask me, but it is probably the best OLED you can buy now.

Other models to consider would be the Philips POS9002 which seems very hard to find but will be better with motion and the Panasonic EZ952 which is more expensive, but will also be better for motion and picture processing. The Sony A1 is a bit too pricey to be good value right now if you ask me, but it is probably the best OLED you can buy now.

Thanks for response. I've had a Google and it appears the other 40" you mentioned are few and far between. As I won't be buying for a few weeks I assume they would have all but disappeared by then.

If the OLED's you mentioned were all a similar price would the Sony be the one to go for? I'm hoping there may be some reductions in the coming weeks.

The Sony and Panasonic will have better picture processing and motion controls, the Sony unlike the Panasonic will have dolby vision support.

If they were close to the same price yes the Sony would be best.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom