1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New 4:3 native projector for < $5k

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by scm6079, Apr 30, 2005.

1. scm6079

scm6079

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Help! I'm looking to replace my old 4:3 projector and can't seem to find a decent 4:3 home theater projector still for sale.

I use my projector for mainly DVDs, but also enjoy the full screen 4:3 for playing video games and TV shows. I have a 13' screen, in a 25' long room, with the projector about 22' from the screen. The screen is a DA-Lite fixed-frame cinema screen.

I was looking at the Optoma H56, but it seems that it is discontinued. :( Any recomendations for what's out there -- especially with good blacks? My budget is about $5k, but if something good is available cheaper, great! I figure 1024x768 is the lowest resolution that makes sense.

Thanks in advance,
    _Scott

2. alanfcross

alanfcross

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Heaps of 'business' projectors our there. HC retailers tend to concentrate on the widescreen ratios. I'm looking at the NEC XGA DLP range at the moment.

3. scm6079

scm6079

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thank you!

Somehow I had never come accross the NEC HT1100-- looks like a great projector, and exactly what I was looking for. My local projector shop didn't realize it was native 4:3 (the whole anamorphic lens -> 16:9 somehow escaped them).

I placed my order, and should have it soon!

_Scott