New 3ds owner

panny100

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey all, got a 3ds xl coming Monday and have the following games coming: Mh3, Luigis mansion, Ocarina of time. I think I might get DK and then fire emblem free. Any recommendations? I haven't played any of the marios in years, so will probably give them a go aswell. Looking forward to Monday tho!

Hey all, got a 3ds xl coming Monday and have the following games coming: Mh3, Luigis mansion, Ocarina of time. I think I might get DK and then fire emblem free. Any recommendations? I haven't played any of the marios in years, so will probably give them a go aswell. Looking forward to Monday tho!

Got some good games there mate. If you haven't played any of the Mario games for years I'm sure you will enjoy new super Mario bros 2 and Mario 3D land.

Besides that the following are all worthwhile purchases.

Paper Mario sticker star
Kid Icarus
Resident evil Revelations
Starfox 3D
Tales of the abyss

There's also quite a few decent indie games on the eshop now like:

Pushmo
Crashmo
Zen Pinball
Code of princess
Bit Trip Saga

To name a few!!

Also various VC titles.

addyb said:
Got some good games there mate. If you haven't played any of the Mario games for years I'm sure you will enjoy new super Mario bros 2 and Mario 3D land.

Besides that the following are all worthwhile purchases.

Paper Mario sticker star
Kid Icarus
Resident evil Revelations
Starfox 3D
Tales of the abyss

There's also quite a few decent indie games on the eshop now like:

Pushmo
Crashmo
Zen Pinball
Code of princess
Bit Trip Saga

To name a few!!

Also various VC titles.

Cheers mate, will investigate a few of those.

Was looking at Nintendo points and came across a deal where mario 3d is free when u get an xl and luigis mansion... I was chuffed for all of 2 minutes as it seems its only stateside. Oh well will pick it up when I see it on offer a some point!

Lol shameless plug but I'm selling my 3D land in the classifieds at the moment. :)

Just thought I'd let you know. ;)

addyb said:
Lol shameless plug but I'm selling my 3D land in the classifieds at the moment. :)

Just thought I'd let you know. ;)

Heading over there now then lol

3ds has really come into its own this year and looks even better by the end.
'Tis a fine console indeed. Love my Vita as well but it doesn't get as much playtime.

splinters69 said:
3ds has really come into its own this year and looks even better by the end.
'Tis a fine console indeed. Love my Vita as well but it doesn't get as much playtime.

Got a 32gb card full of games in the vita, but fancied some 'classic' gaming, if u know what I mean

Got a 32gb card full of games in the vita, but fancied some 'classic' gaming, if u know what I mean
Hmmm, not sure I do...;)

Nintendo have some great classic games, in fact I have an ambassador model loaded with nes, gba and other platforms on an 8gb SD card but maybe you hav a different type of storage card in mind...:rolleyes:

splinters69 said:
Hmmm, not sure I do...;)

Nintendo have some great classic games, in fact I have an ambassador model loaded with nes, gba and other platforms on an 8gb SD card but maybe you hav a different type of storage card in mind...:rolleyes:

You mean dodgy memory card?! Not me mate, not any more anyway.

Intact I want to go cartridge only on xl, as fancy something on the shelf after ps+ and all things digital.

By classic I suppose I meant platform games and mariokart, and throw in a few Japanese style games I wouldn't normally play.

Looking forward to sine mora on vita next month mind

SF4 is going for £8 on bb marketplace, seems a good price but are their online passes on 3ds as its pre owned?

No you'll be fine with a second hand SF4, I think Resident Evil Mercenaries is the only game that shouldn't be bought second hand due to being unable to delete anyones previous save data.

No online passes with 3DS games...that's the Vitas little earner...;)
Already got Sine Mora...great looking game.

As for retro games, I firmly believe that is the 3Ds' forte. After all Mario Kart goes back years as does Luigi...and Zelda, DKC, Castlevania etc.
I think of the Vita as an advanced bit of kit ready for the future while the 3DS is my 'retro' go to machine...:smashin:

No sleep and new toy on the way is bad for the wallet!!

Have ordered:

New super mario 2
Mario 3d
Professor Layton
Mariokart
Ocarina of time

So those with mh3 and luigis mansion should suffice for now! Although got my eye on resi evil aswell!

Now looking at accessories including case, game storage and the extra analog add on!!!

No sleep and new toy on the way is bad for the wallet!!

Have ordered:

New super mario 2
Mario 3d
Professor Layton
Mariokart
Ocarina of time

So those with mh3 and luigis mansion should suffice for now! Although got my eye on resi evil aswell!

Now looking at accessories including case, game storage and the extra analog add on!!!

My case/wallet was around £5 from play.com. I've been eyeing up game storage and they are only a few quid from amazon as well. As for the circle pad pro I'm not sure where cheapest deal is. Ive not bothered with it yet as I've no games that need it.

Forget the extra analogue add-on, none of the games you have, bar Monster Hunter use it, and you can get by,The L trigger, and analogue stick, controls the camera.
Resi will use it, but when I played mine on the normal 3DS, it got to be a bit of a pain, so played the last half of the game without it, and can't say I missed it.
Just use CEX for it if you have to find one, they will no doubt have it for a couple of quid.
It makes it stupidly hiuge and a lot, lot heavier, with the XL version.

Forget the extra analogue add-on, none of the games you have, bar Monster Hunter use it, and you can get by,The L trigger, and analogue stick, controls the camera.
Resi will use it, but when I played mine on the normal 3DS, it got to be a bit of a pain, so played the last half of the game without it, and can't say I missed it.
Just use CEX for it if you have to find one, they will no doubt have it for a couple of quid.
It makes it stupidly hiuge and a lot, lot heavier, with the XL version.

I found resi a lot better with the extra pad. You are right its perfectly playable without though. All down to personal preference I guess.

I've done a bit of moving and shaking over the past week and sold my resistance trilogy and 999 and bought 5 DS games for £25

Project Rub
The Rub Rabbits
Wario Ware Touched
Trauma Center 1 & 2

They are all guilty pleasure of mine. I've never played the sequel to trauma center so looking forward to that. The original is probably my favourite DS game. The project rub games are nothing special gameplay wise but they are utterly barmy and I love quirky games like that.

Warioware will see my wife's rage come out again. On its original release we had some great competitions on that trying to out do each other on the nightmare mode that went at 100 mph. Lol

Last edited:
Ha-Ha..Project Rub, and The Rub Rabbits were 2 great Sega games..such unique games.

For us, many hours were spent on the Super Mario 64 3DS rec room games.
And Yoshi-Touch & Go.

£2 each on amazon as well mate :)

I bought them first time round, cheapskate..I thought the developers deserved my cash, not like you....:smashin: :rotfl:

I do wish they would remake Super Mario 64 giving it the love they did with Zelda OoT. Its my favourite game of all time.
Failing that, whats the chance of a digital download of the DS game? I really dont like carrying carts of games I think are keepers with great replay value...much prefer digital.

DS finally arrived, got luigis mansion up first. What do I need to do about registering it? As I have 2 of the other deal games on the way?

Looking forward to playing, will add my code to the friend list thread, when I find what it is /NintendoNoob

panny100 said:
DS finally arrived, got luigis mansion up first. What do I need to do about registering it? As I have 2 of the other deal games on the way?

Looking forward to playing, will add my code to the friend list thread, when I find what it is /NintendoNoob

http://www.nintendo.co.uk/NOE/en_GB/club_nintendo/club_not_logged_in.jsp

Join / login in and input the code in 'Product Registration'. Complete the survey and that should be you up and running

Sign up for a club Nintendo account if you haven't already. Just Google "club nintendo" the rest is straight forward on the site.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom