*** New 3D Firmware Available For Optoma HD65/HD700X/GT7000 ***

donaldson2121

Established Member
Reaction score
As per the title Optoma have just released a new 3D firmware for models HD65/HD700X/GT7000.

Fingers crossed it fixes the last buggy firmware and restores the 2D picture quality prior to upgrading to the last firmware!

Update - Found the below notes in the download file:

Fw vC03 release notes:

1. Tuned Brilliant color level.
2. Fixed Degamma function.
3. Adjust Image AI reference threshold.
4. Fixed TrueVivid function.
5. Fixed OSD item: RGB Gain/Bias

(- "BC" Function allows quick-enable/disable of Brilliantcolor during 3D)

Season's greetings,

As a special gift to all our customers, Optoma are pleased to announce a new version of the Optoma HD65 3D firmware is now available.

You can download it from Optoma EMEA - HD65 3D Upgrade: A new lease of Life!

I'll be upgrading tonight when i get home from work to give it a test. If anyone else gets a chance to try before please let us know your thoughts :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Just searched G to find info on this update, I received an email this morning, and have just reflashed my HD65 with no problems, except the two missing DLL's, haven't tested yet but installed fine, I'l report back when ive tested it on 3D and 2D. Great Christmas present from Optoma though especially if it manages to fix all the errors last time, and returns the vibrance i'm used too.

Can't wait anymore, already updated my HD65, everything went smoothly. Enable ImageAI and adjust VividColour to 3, play Tangled, the image quality much better than the old firmware, some missing details show up finally. Brilliant image, excellent 3D, almost close to my LG 3D LED but totally different feeling, everything just in front of you not watching through a window. great update, thanks optoma. waiting my 120" screen...:thumbsup:

Optoma HD65
Optoma panoview greywolf II 92"
Optoma 3D-XL
LG BD645
Sony 5.1 Channel

Last edited:
That's sound great :hiya:, now i can buy Optoma 3D-XL. Just a question guys, where from i can buy another pair of glasses?

My 3D-XL comes with ZD101 glasses, Optoma only sell this model in North America. If you are in Euro area, go to ebay.co.uk, I perfer Optoma ZD201, it looks nice and very light (just 50g) but a little pricy, I ordered two pairs oem glasses (the same model as ZD201) from China just for $100 shipped, haven't received them, if you can wait l will let you know if it works fine, enjoy your 3D

That's sound great :hiya:, now i can buy Optoma 3D-XL. Just a question guys, where from i can buy another pair of glasses?

tesco direct were cheapest when i looked, had it delivered to store and used ÂŁ10 off ÂŁ50 spend voucher thats always floating around (Glasses were ÂŁ60)

Still are

http://direct.tesco.com/q/R.211-8459.aspx

Thx for reply, i'd like to hear more about quality and improvements in this firmware. Does 2d picture stay's unchanged like in orginal firmware?

What a difference when I turned on my HD65, back to its old self and 3D way more watchable, before the update was toying with upgrading my pj, now no need, I do still have an issue with watching 2D through the 3DXL pans leave treadmark type ghosting, only way I see round that is when using 2D through HDMI take the 3DXL out of the loop.

I also got my glasses from Tesco direct as well as my 3DXL for the amazing price of just over ÂŁ260, with another pair of 201's, love Tesco's deals.

Deal is pretty good, but unforunately they do not deliver to Guernsey :(

Hi

How long do you have to wait to receive the e-mail with the download link for the firmware?

Thanks Gary, i found another site and i ordered 3D-XL with 3 pairs of glasses vat deducted for 267ÂŁ all i have to do is wait very exited for it.

I ordered from "projectorplanet co uk" they have very good and fast service.

What a difference when I turned on my HD65, back to its old self and 3D way more watchable, before the update was toying with upgrading my pj, now no need, I do still have an issue with watching 2D through the 3DXL pans leave treadmark type ghosting, only way I see round that is when using 2D through HDMI take the 3DXL out of the loop.

I also got my glasses from Tesco direct as well as my 3DXL for the amazing price of just over ÂŁ260, with another pair of 201's, love Tesco's deals.

Hi,
some of the panning issues that I suffered with Sky 3D can be cured by putting the box in pure 720p mode as opposed to 1080i, that instantly cured it for me

I've uploaded the new HD65 firmware. Fixes a few issues that I was having.

Has anyone reported the 1080i passthrough issues with the 3DXL to Optoma?

I have to keep switching my sources to 720p. I would be great if they could get this sorted.

Cheers, Lee

A few questions before I upgrade my HD65, I don't have an Optoma 3D-XL Projector Adaptor - do I need one to watch 3D after the upgrade?

Also don't have any fancy 3D glasses just a couple of pairs that I got in the cinema - will these be okay?

Finally, by installing this new software I take it it resets all your previous settings i.e. contrast, brightness etc?

I bought A Christmas Carol 3D to watch over the weekend as I heard it was quite a good 3D movie, will be using the PS3 so hoping all will be okay.

Last edited:
A few questions before I upgrade my HD65, I don't have an Optoma 3D-XL Projector Adaptor - do I need one to watch 3D after the upgrade?

Also don't have any fancy 3D glasses just a couple of pairs that I got in the cinema - will these be okay?

Finally, by installing this new software I take it it resets all your previous settings i.e. contrast, brightness etc?

I bought A Christmas Carol 3D to watch over the weekend as I heard it was quite a good 3D movie, will be using the PS3 so hoping all will be okay.

Sorry, but You need 3D-XL and glasses to watch 3d stuff.

Does anyone has eye strain after 1,5h 3D. I have, i use ZD201 is there any solution to eliminate or improve my problem??
Anyway i'm very happy with my 3D-XL and HD65 :D great stuff.

Hi everyone, not sure if im in the correct section for my question. I have updated my HD65 to the latest 3D firmware and am expecting my 3D-XL to be delivered on Monday, my 3D player is a Panasonic DMR-BWT720 feeding into a Onkyo TX-SR309 then out into my projector/tv. The Onkyo TX-SR309 is 3D ready, i just wanted to know where the 3D-XL fits in, would the sequence be (Panasonic DMR-BWT720=Onkyo TX-SR309=3D-XL=Projector).

It might seem like a stupid question but it is one im not sure about.

Hi guys,

I have this projector (some old, I know). Does it make sense using the firmware and then buying the hardware (3D-XL) - because for this price one can get a new 3D projector, isn't it?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom