• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

New 3D camcorder from Panasonic

Martin68

Established Member
Has anyone got one or had the chance to try one and see the results in 3D on the tv?

if so, is it any good? dose it produce a good depth

Also what methods are there to archive 3D? do you need a special DVD/BD player or only a 3D tv connected to a standard DVD/BD player?

Martin68

Established Member
very interesting video.
Dose this mean that the 3D lens adaptor can be fitted to any camcorder?

if so, is this adaptor available seperately?

Editing was mentiond and they said it's the same as normal, using current 2D software, so if that's the case, can the finished footage be burnt onto DVD or BD and played through a standard player with the 3D ready tv decoding it into 3D or dose the dvd player also have to be 3D ready?

More to my point, if i got myself one of these 3D camcorders, could i use it with my BS750 bluray recorder in 3D?

Phil Hinton

Editor
Staff member
very interesting video.
Dose this mean that the 3D lens adaptor can be fitted to any camcorder?

No, just the one Panasonic model has the correct calibration mode for using the 3D lens and setting the convergence.

Editing was mentiond and they said it's the same as normal, using current 2D software, so if that's the case, can the finished footage be burnt onto DVD or BD and played through a standard player with the 3D ready tv decoding it into 3D or dose the dvd player also have to be 3D ready?

More to my point, if i got myself one of these 3D camcorders, could i use it with my BS750 bluray recorder in 3D?

Although I have not used one of these, my understanding is that it produces a side by side image at 1920x1080 with each eye stream. Therefore it should be straight forward to edit - however as I have said I have not seen how this is done so can't comment further. I am more used to the pro versions details which differs a little and requires a software plugin to work from cineform. Check out the Panasonic website for more details Welcome to Panasonic UK & Ireland

ChadStarbucks

Established Member
The 3D footage is recorded in the AVCHD format, so you can playback and edit the footage in the same way as any AVCHD content (the camcorder comes with basic HD Writer editing software)
For playback (in 3D) the only crucial element is the 3D TV - you can actually play back in a normal Blu Ray Player (ACVHD compatible of course) and switch the TV to side by side mode

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom