1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New 37" Veira, Dead Pixel

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by blackmaverick, Aug 13, 2004.

1. blackmaverick

blackmaverick

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    I have a 4 week old Viera and already have a dead pixel near the centre of the screen. Is there anything that can be done about this? Am i covered by warranty or could i claim on house insurance as accidental damage or anything?

The pixel was alive for about a week then just never came back. I read a previous post saying that they can come back to life, but its now been 3 weeks since i first noticed it.

Any thoughts/ideas welcome..

2. blackmaverick

blackmaverick

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    anyone?

3. ianh64

ianh64

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +63
    Sorry, am I missing something here. How can a deal pixel be covered on house insurance? Do you have extended warranty on your house insurance?

4. GalacticaActual

GalacticaActual

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +199
    Hi there.
    I dont think house insuranc will cover it unless there is phisical damage or the thing is not working.
    If it is only a few weeks old try speaking to the company that you bought it from . They may be willing to exchange it after an engineer has come to see it. HOWEVER, from what I have seen on these forums one dead pixel may be within manufactors tolerence and it may become quite difficult to get any help.
    My Advice would be to be a polite and freindly as possible when dealing with the people you purchased it from. You will find that some times you get more if you complain in a positve way than you do shouting down the phone. :)

5. Ekko Star

Ekko Star

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +393
    If it's in the centre of the screen, 1 pixel should be enough for most manufacturers to send it back. Talk to your dealer and express you anxiety, I'm sure they should be understanding if they are worth their salt.

6. drphibes

drphibes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    I agree with Ekko Star here.
    One dead pixel might well be acceptable in the tolerance level that Panasonic set , but I do remember when I spoke to Sharp about their dead pixel policy they did state that the position of the dead pixel was important when it came to a exchange etc.

Good luck

Drphibes

7. woody67

woody67

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Its covered on house insurance when you 'accidently' knock/hit/spill liquid/ tip/bang or otherwise damage your TV so that you can get a new one.

Its the most popular way of aquiring a new TV (or other expensive household item), and keeps the insurance premiums high for the rest of us
    :nono:

8. rooney

rooney

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    also bear in mind a lot of policies are limited to the value per item mine was
    they wanted extra money to cover the plasma so beware check your insurance make sure your covered