new 360 need help!!!

killer10971

Prominent Member
Reaction score
just got the blockbuster deal and bought dead or alive today , i noticed the 60hz sticker and thought no problems with my philips pf9986 37inch lcd (it does support 60hz i checked)

in the display settings for xbox i changed from pal 50 - 60hz and the screen goes blank then goes back to pal 50 as i cant accept the changes

the tv dosnt have component inputs just dvi,scart,composite and vga ,at present its connected via the supplied scart

is this an xbox fault or the tv not accepting 60hz via scart

cheers

Sounds like the tv just not accepting the input. Get a vga lead, fix all your probs (well, 360 display related ones anyway) right there :)

cheers for that

just plugged in my ps2 and tried a 60hz game in the same av port and it worked no problems

very odd im going to try to change to console i think

cheers

Cant you try it on a different TV first?

Or try it without the scart adapter

changed the xbox for a new one and same problem :rolleyes: so i picked up the vga cable

my set came with vga to dvi converter used that and all works perfect , pain in the arse as my dvd is on the dvi so i will have to keep unplugging (not getting a switcher just yet)

would a proper xbox scart work or will it be the same as the composite cable with a scart adapter

thanks for the help , appreciate it

The Microsoft Scart Lead is RGB capable so you will see some improvement over the composite lead.

Why dont you use the 360 for dvd playback?

IIRC it upscales over VGA

If you don't have component you WANT to be using the VGA, or you're missing out on all the lovely HDness of the 360.

you will want to plug it back into composite though and set it 60 hz, incase you get the odd old game that moans about 50hz stuff in vga if its not set.

also, be aware that for reasons best known to themselves, majority of pal xbox 1 games will not run on 360's emulator in VGA complaining about wanting 50hz.

i will stick with the vga and just have to unplug as needed , the reason i dont want to use the 360 for dvd playback is i just bought arcam gear for dvd playback

cheers

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom