New 360 controller aims to end the mouse

Tech News

Reaction score
New controller for FPS's? Changing the existing controller to make it more FPS friendly? Very intersesting, maybe they'll stick a rollball in place of the right stick...

No not a rollerball! I would rather have the stick! Why don't they just enable mouse and keyboard support?

Hmm, got me very curious already, hope they don't keep us waiting too long before they show the thing to the good old public.

Can't see it happening but a touch sensor pad for the right thumb, like a mini version of the DS touch screen would be good:cool:

i dont know, wouldnt you have to keep brushing the pad to turn around then? or would it be like, move your thumb to the right and keep it there and your man turns right until you stop. Could get a bit complicated. Just a proper sensitive hightly accurate stick would do the job, maybe with optical sensors underneath the stick (like the pad has its own surface inside for the optical sensor (mounted under your thumb) to read, and thus giving you the accuracy of a laser mouse?

OOH copyright Oisin Ronan Flynn, 22nd August 2006 ;)

Rasczak said:
No not a rollerball! I would rather have the stick! Why don't they just enable mouse and keyboard support?

I thought you could plug in an USB keyboard (not sure about mouse though)?

I can't see how anything's going to be better than a mouse. Even a rollerball isn't going to be as good as a mouse.

Closest thing to a mouse has to be the wii controller.

I got an idea MS PUT IN ******* MOUSE SUPPORT YOU DUMBASSES.

lol

They want something as much like the mouse they can then use a ******* mouse.

alphaomega16 said:
I got an idea MS PUT IN ******* MOUSE SUPPORT YOU DUMBASSES.

lol

They want something as much like the mouse they can then use a ******* mouse.

i'm sure i read that they don't want mouse keyboard support in order to try and keep level playing field. wouldn't be fair when some play with mouse and keyboard on a fps and rest are usnig controller.
have to keep everyone using same control method that is pretty much the point of the console anyway.
although will they start giving the new controller away with future 360s and expect everyone to buy the new one who already has a 360???

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom