New 360 Advice

gra123

Looking for help with this guys, my boys 360 has got the 3 red lights and is out of warranty, as the broken one has a hard drive, is it possible to buy a new one without the hard drive as I think this would be the cheapest option for me.

Hillskill

Moderator/Games Reviewer
Yep, your exactly right. Buy an arcade, slap on your hard drive and away you go.

Are you sure MS won't fix your console ? The Warranty was extended to 3 years and even then if you lean on them they often cave. I would get a new one for your boy and then set about trying to get MS to replace/fix the old one. You would have nothing to lose.

King Tones

Distinguished Member
Looking for help with this guys, my boys 360 has got the 3 red lights and is out of warranty, as the broken one has a hard drive, is it possible to buy a new one without the hard drive as I think this would be the cheapest option for me.

How old is the console ?
The 3 Red Rings fault is covered by a 3 year warranty :thumbsup:

Deftones

gra123

Thanks for the reply. I will try them again. The console was only repaired just over 1 year ago, but the guy on the phone said after the last repair they only cover them for 1 year.

King Tones

Distinguished Member
the console is three years and they replaced it just over a year ago with the same problem.

Ring them up and lean on them as Steve as said.
They should repair it seeing they have already done a repair that has only lasted a year. If no luck then pickup an Arcade and just add on the HD :thumbsup:

Deftones

gra123

Ring them up and lean on them as Steve as said.
They should repair it seeing they have already done a repair that has only lasted a year. If no luck then pickup an Arcade and just add on the HD :thumbsup:

Deftones

thanks mate:thumbsup:

Hillskill

Moderator/Games Reviewer
Got them to fix it guys. As you said put a bit of pressure on them and they caved in. :clap::thumbsup:

Result ! Fantastic news mate. Only took you half hour aswell :smashin:

gra123

they said there had been a mistake with the console records, they even offered me a free gift, I took the wireless headset. Thanks again boys.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom