1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New 32ZP18P Just Delivered

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by AlPatch, Jan 24, 2002.

1. AlPatch

AlPatch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have just taken delivery of my "new" 32ZP18P from JL. Delivery men were in a hurry to leave and it was then I noticed that the Toshiba sealing tape was already cut open and the top of the box was not sealed.

Has anyone had this experience from JL - Do they open the boxes for checking etc.

I have been delivered a G code mode (Euro). Is this correct? or should it be at least a B code or more likely a Q by now.

I haven't had time to take it out if the box to inspect it yet but I am already wondering if it might be a returned set they have passed on to me. Anybody have any thoughts.

The serial number is : 15182093
    Batch Number is: J646319.

If anybody has had a recent 32" delivered from JL can they check these numbers to see if they seems "old".

Will be giving the set a good look over tonight but am already a little worried......

Not a good start!!:mad:

2. Happy so far

Happy so far

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My 32ZP18P (G) was delivered from JL just before Christmas and the s/no is 15182191 and batch J646319 - it looks like the other labels on the box were for a consignment of several which left somewhere on 14 Dec. I know JL was waiting for a delivery of 100 or so for mid/end Dec - I am sure mine (and yours) is one of those. I am confident mine is a new TV and I would think therefore that yours is too. Our box did not have the 'Toshiba' tape on it and I too was concerned after reading this thread. After lots of DVDs, analogue TV and video watching I am no longer concerned (although as with anything something may always happen). In fact, I would recommend the set - it is very good indeed.

An interesting benefit is the circuit diagrams I got with the set - headings in Italian but the circuits in English. Did you get those??

Off to watch Indiana Jones now . . .

(repeated from longer Toshiba thread where I fist saw your post)

3. Doubledoom

Doubledoom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well, the G is an import model and not the British one but there is no real difference between the two apart from the plug.

The Q model isn't widely available as far as i can tell.