1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New 32ZD26P Purple/Green blotches

Discussion in 'TVs' started by staffspeted, Dec 6, 2002.

1. staffspeted

staffspeted

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Before any one asks they are on the TV not me!
    Got my dream TV out of the box from Empire Direct only to find when its on that there is a huge colour imperfection especially on the sides. It kinda looks as if the tube or screen has a burnt purple/green blotch on it making viewing at the sides purple in colour. This is especially noticable when green grass is on or just the blue screen. Tried every adjustment possible ..still there! ED are sending an engineer to view and swap but I just wondered if anyone had seen similiar before.
    Just joined the forum and apologies if this has been covered but this thread is over 1000 replies so although i looked I couldnt find anything. Info much appreciated

2. ditton15

ditton15
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Welcome to the Forums.

Hope all goes well with the fix/replacement. JL delivered and installed me the same model and it (still) looks great.

As others have remarked on these forums, maybe for TVs, and other large, expensive & relatively delicate objects, the shop beats the online purchase - except on price, which is where price-matching is wothwhile.

Good Luck, hope you soon get to enjoy your new TV.

ditton

3. bibooo

bibooo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    staffspeted,

Have a look here for a complete summary of any problems and solutions available.

Correct set-up and making sure any unshielded speakers are kept well away from the TV could be the answer. This type of problem has also been caused by amps/digiboxes etc being placed too close to the sides of the TV.

4. jackal_jd

jackal_jd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    >As others have remarked on these forums, maybe for TVs, and >other large, expensive & relatively delicate objects, the shop >beats the online purchase - except on price, which is where >price-matching is wothwhile.

Which shops pricematch online prices (eg Empire Direct £930 for this TV)?

5. ditton15

ditton15
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  6. staffspeted

staffspeted

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks to all replies , going to try to have the set degaussed and if that doesnt cure it a replacement.

7. staffspeted

staffspeted

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Engineer de-gaussed the set , now all ok. Guess now I can start playing with the settings! :D