1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

new 32" widescreen needed!!

Discussion in 'TVs' started by tukky142, Oct 18, 2003.

1. tukky142

tukky142
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I am in the market for a new 32" widescreen. I have been looking at the new pana tx32pd30 and the Phillips 32pw9618.

Has anyone got these? - Which is the best - or is there something else i should be considering?

Thanks

Neil

2. ibrox

ibrox

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi tukky 142/Neil.
    You would need to answer the following questions.

1.What is your budget.

2.What will the T.V be primarily used for(Sport,Watching DVDs?)

3.Do you need other equipment like speakers or happy with T.V speakers for sound?

If you can provide more information it will enable people to help.
    Cheers.

3. nikpartou

nikpartou

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I too am looking for a 32" widescreen TV. I prefer it to have both PAL/NTSC progressive scan and will be looking to purchase an AV receiver, dvd player and speakers.

I have decided on the HK DVD25 as my DVD player, but have yet to come to a decision on the rest.

My main viewing will consist of movies and sport (mainly football)

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

4. ibrox

ibrox

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Guys;Some of these issues have been discussed on Ibrox help for a newbie thread.
    Also other issues definitely discussed in various thread over last couple of months so worth a trawl through threads to identify if any of your issues have been discussed + answers obtained.

5. nikpartou

nikpartou

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Ibrox,

I started reading that rather long thread you started but got so confused by all the comments.

6. ibrox

ibrox

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    nikpartou.
    Just note down the items that confused you and am sure you will receive replies.
    It really is the story of a complete novice (me) who knew absolutely nothing about selecting a new T.V + equipment and takes you through the tortous process of selecting items,buying the necessary equipment,to connecting the whole thing up.

It really increased my awareness of the issues/decisions you need to make and hopefully can do the same for others.

The fact is that I find every persons individuals needs can be very different and expectations.

7. nikpartou

nikpartou

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Okay, having re-read the newbie thread, quite a a few of my questions have been answered, although one remains unanswered:-

As i prefer a separate av receiver and speakers to an all in one package, can i still purchase the Toshiba PF2, which has its own speakers, and still purchase the separates?

As for the cabling, I don't think i will ever understand that!!

8. ibrox

ibrox

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    nikpartou;Sorry don`t know the answer personally to your remaining question but have have you looked in the audio section.

Just a thought as there may be something relevant there.

9. PaulJ

PaulJ

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes, tou can still purchase seperates, you can unplug the rear speakers and turn off tv speakers when using seperates as well.

Regards

Paul :p

10. nikpartou

nikpartou

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    PaulJ

Thanks for the reply. You have assisted in me deciding to buy the Tosh PF2.

All i need to decide is what receiver and speqakers to purchase. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

11. PaulJ

PaulJ

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Nikpartou,

Are you looking to purchase seperates or an all in one system? What sort of budget would you be looking at?

I have the Sony DAVS550, which I have been very impressed with, although a lot of people would recommend to go the seperates way.

Im not sure, but does the PF2 accept a component signal? The DAVS550 gives a component out, but no scart, so no RGB.

I'd recommend looking through the All in one, Amps and receivers and speakers sections of the forum. May give you a few ideas.

Hope this is of help

Paul

:smoke:

12. nikpartou

nikpartou

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    my budget for the receiver is approx £350-400 and approx £500-600 for the speakers.

13. PaulJ

PaulJ

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi nikpartou,

I'm not too up on the seperates side of things. Have a browse through the other sections in the forum.

With that sort of budget i'm sure someone will be able to provide some recommendations.

Good Luck ;)

Paul

14. nikpartou

nikpartou

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Went to John Lewis today in Brent Cross. i have to say that the Tosh PF2 has a better picture than the PD30. Although i'm not prepared to pay then £1299 for the 32".