New 32" TV

agh55

Standard Member
Hi, Unfortunately a 32" is the only size of TV I can put in to my sunroom. It is replacing a 10 year old Samsung which has poor sound and picture. I have been thinking of the new Sony KD32W800PU. I know it is more expensive than most 32" tv’s but I don't mind paying if it gets favourable feedback. I would appreciate feedback and thoughts on this model or others.

Last edited:

Tonycv51

Thats a ridiculous amount for a 720p tv. You can still get the Sony KDL32WD751BU in a few places that is 1080p for £299/319 which we got a few years ago in preference to the 32 Samsung that is also 1080p. The 32WD75 is only a Linux TV with limited apps, so not Androud like the Sony you're looking at, but you could add a Roku stick for those for £20-30. I think our 32WD75 only has 2 HDMI input in case that matters.

Tonycv51

Thats a ridiculous amount for a 720p tv. You can still get the Sony KDL32WD751BU in a few places that is 1080p for £299/319 which we got a few years ago in preference to the 32 Samsung that is also 1080p. The 32WD75 is only a Linux TV with limited apps, so not Androud like the Sony you're looking at, but you could add a Roku stick for those for £20-30. I think our 32WD75 only has 2 HDMI input in case that matters.
One other thing I'm assuming the sunroom is bright so I'd also check the brightness / nits of the sets you're looking at. A 40" 4k HDR set would probably be much better - is it the stand size or the screen dimensions that's the issue with going bigger?

agh55

Standard Member
Hi Tony, thanks for your reply. I initially looked at the KDL 32WD751 but was put off it as it was a 2016 model.

I'm restricted by both stand and screen size and I need a TV which has a central column as a stand and not two legs. 40" TV's but they are very hard to find

I had initially picked a Samsung 43" but when I cut out replica screen made of cardboard, the TV was too big.

Tonycv51

I don't think there's much changed in 32" TVs since 2016 given most are 720p with the odd 1080 FHD model still available.

If a 40" would fit you could go for a Panasonic or Hisense and get a vesa stand if the model you prefer has wide legs?

agh55

Standard Member
Hi Tony, apologies for the delay in responding. Thanks for your latest piece of advice. I didn't realise there was such a product as a Vesta Stand. I'm going to check again if the 40" or 43" TV's could fit as the Sony I was looking at, is very expensive when you compare against some of the good 43"'s.

Once again thanks for your help.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Anthem AVM 70 Review, EQing Your Home Cinema Sound System and More...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom