New 32" TV

agh55

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi, Unfortunately a 32" is the only size of TV I can put in to my sunroom. It is replacing a 10 year old Samsung which has poor sound and picture. I have been thinking of the new Sony KD32W800PU. I know it is more expensive than most 32" tv’s but I don't mind paying if it gets favourable feedback. I would appreciate feedback and thoughts on this model or others.

Last edited:
Thats a ridiculous amount for a 720p tv. You can still get the Sony KDL32WD751BU in a few places that is 1080p for £299/319 which we got a few years ago in preference to the 32 Samsung that is also 1080p. The 32WD75 is only a Linux TV with limited apps, so not Androud like the Sony you're looking at, but you could add a Roku stick for those for £20-30. I think our 32WD75 only has 2 HDMI input in case that matters.

Thats a ridiculous amount for a 720p tv. You can still get the Sony KDL32WD751BU in a few places that is 1080p for £299/319 which we got a few years ago in preference to the 32 Samsung that is also 1080p. The 32WD75 is only a Linux TV with limited apps, so not Androud like the Sony you're looking at, but you could add a Roku stick for those for £20-30. I think our 32WD75 only has 2 HDMI input in case that matters.
One other thing I'm assuming the sunroom is bright so I'd also check the brightness / nits of the sets you're looking at. A 40" 4k HDR set would probably be much better - is it the stand size or the screen dimensions that's the issue with going bigger?

Hi Tony, thanks for your reply. I initially looked at the KDL 32WD751 but was put off it as it was a 2016 model.

I'm restricted by both stand and screen size and I need a TV which has a central column as a stand and not two legs. 40" TV's but they are very hard to find

I had initially picked a Samsung 43" but when I cut out replica screen made of cardboard, the TV was too big.

I don't think there's much changed in 32" TVs since 2016 given most are 720p with the odd 1080 FHD model still available.

If a 40" would fit you could go for a Panasonic or Hisense and get a vesa stand if the model you prefer has wide legs?

Hi Tony, apologies for the delay in responding. Thanks for your latest piece of advice. I didn't realise there was such a product as a Vesta Stand. I'm going to check again if the 40" or 43" TV's could fit as the Sony I was looking at, is very expensive when you compare against some of the good 43"'s.

Once again thanks for your help.

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom