New 32" LG LCDs for 2021 released

mikej

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I've just noticed that LG have released two 32" models for 2021 - the Full HD 32LM6370PLA and the HD Ready 32LM637BPLA.

32LM6370PLA.JPG

This isn't exactly big news I realise (!) but I thought it was worth mentioning in case anyone is needing a smaller set for a kitchen or bedroom, as there aren't that many manufacturers still updating their product lines regularly in these smaller sizes.

Both are smart and the specs are very similar to the 2019 models they're replacing (the LM6300 and LM630) but I wonder if they're likely to get an updated version of webOS ? LG announced that webOS 6.0 will be coming to it's 2021 TVs, but Full HD sets weren't mentioned.

Both models are available @ Currys/PCWorld for £300, but the LM637 is £249 at Argos. Hopefully other retailers will start to get stock in too, to bring prices down and give longer (included) warranty options.

Hi mikej, thanks you're right. These is a odd difference. I was thinking of buying a 32" LG TV led for my cooking. The 32LM6370PLA (2021) excited me but when I saw this difference with the old model I was perplexed and I was almost thinking about buying the old model 32LM6300PLA (2019). Where I can find this information?

Hi mikej, thanks you're right. These is a odd difference. I was thinking of buying a 32" LG TV led for my cooking. The 32LM6370PLA (2021) excited me but when I saw this difference with the old model I was perplexed and I was almost thinking about buying the old model 32LM6300PLA (2019). Where I can find this information?

You can see in the specs on the UK LG site here that the LM6370 is direct-lit (not edge-lit), just like the LM6300.

OK, so what actually is the difference between the 32LM6370PLA and the 32LM637BPLA...?? Does anyone know?

OK, so what actually is the difference between the 32LM6370PLA and the 32LM637BPLA...?? Does anyone know?

The difference is resolution. The LM6370 is Full HD (1920 x 1080) and the LM637B is HD Ready (1366 x 768).

Yes, so I have found out...begs the q why is a poorer resoltion tv still available at the same price as the full HD one?

Yes, so I have found out...begs the q why is a poorer resoltion tv still available at the same price as the full HD one?

Yes, it doesn't make a lot of sense - the HD Ready set should be cheaper, IMO.

As for why you'd choose it, I guess it would be better suited to SD Freeview or DVD watching. Less upscaling...

The other thing to consider is that you'd have to be set pretty close to be able to tell the difference at that screen size.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom