1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New 32" & 37" LCD TV's

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by styoda, Apr 2, 2005.

1. styoda

styoda

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

I’m in a bit of a dilemma, my 10 year old lovely Sony 29” TV has died, mainly due to being dropped down the stairs. So now I’m looking for a LCD TV to replace it, but I need one that has HDMI sockets and is either 32” or 37”. I hear Panasonic are releasing some new LCD’s with HDMI sockets, TX-32LXD500, and wandered if this LCD will be any good.
    I love Sony products, but there’s no option from Sony regarding LCD with HDMI. I here Sony are releasing some new LCD’s but not until August, September time. Does anyone know any details of these LCD’s and do they have HDMI sockets.
    Is it worth waiting for the Sony’s or should I just go out and get the Panasonic’s TX-32LXD500?

Any help will be very much appreciated.
    Thanks
    Best regards,
    Styoda

2. jimg

jimg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    In the summer you will be spoilt for choice with set's from all the major manufacturers being released. Up to you, depends how long you can wait.

3. ianh64

ianh64

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +63
    Its unlikely that you will get more than 1 socket. Unless you also want digital audio from the display, DVI+HDCP may also be a suitable alternative. There are many displays even now that have this combination.

-Ian