New 250gb sky hd from sky

Delisskyhigh

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi all, just wanted to ask a question, has anyone heard about the new sky hd, new or old news???, Im myself a sky technician and i was away over xmas period i came back to work to find the new sky hd 250gb slim line (amstrad) loaded up in my van, now it looks pretty smart much smaller,lighter and at most important much quiter then original, as i work for sky i never heard anything about new box, coming in to stock was wondering how long they have been in stock and if anyone has received one or if there much cop?
cheers
del
:hiya:

I assume it's the 500gig model (250gig usable) and pics and info have been doing the rounds for a couple of months with at least one subscriber posting their experiences in the SKY+HD forum.

I assume it's the 500gig model (250gig usable) and pics and info have been doing the rounds for a couple of months with at least one subscriber posting their experiences in the SKY+HD forum.

That was one on trial but now they are officially being sold.

There great boxes!

I have had one for 3 months now and am very pleased with it

Had a new Amstrad 250GB box installed today as a replacement.
First impressions are good.
EPG is much faster and responsive.
SD Picture quality seems slightly better.
And aesthetically more pleasing now that the footprint is much smaller than the previous bulky unit.

Very happy with it so far.

how did you get one?
did you ask for it or did you 'just' get it

If you are still under 12 months, then book a callout from Sky.
Engineer will come and replace your box.
Bribe him with a cuppa.... and he might even give you a new one :)

If the new models are 500gb with 250gb usable space, does that mean the other 250gb is for anytime?
If so, do the new boxes get more anytime content as the original models only had ~150gb reserved for anytime....?

Cheers

well from the post thats good to here the new system is better than last, from an engineer's point of view makes our lives just a little easier :thumbsup: had a little play around with the slimline hd and much more responsive, and i agree picture on sd a tad better.
If the new models are 500gb with 250gb usable space, does that mean the other 250gb is for anytime

Yes that's correct but also the 250gb spare is also there for future upgrades, such as a possible gaming system or custom epg's, this is just what i have heard from sources and possible for the future, but on a downside could result in more problems as the more they cram into these boxes with cheap bog standard components more likely something going to go wrong :mad: oh well such as life
cheers
del

I got one of the new boxes yesterday and so far (touch wood) it's doesn't seem to have any problems. The EPG is quicker and I can't see any lipsync issues.

Anyone in the south have these yet, I'm in Brighton and got callout booked for next week.

Yes, the new boxes come with the new epg. Hoping to get one when i get mine replaced.

Does the new boxes have a model number, I want to research the spec.

Thanks everyone

Amstrad DRX890...and they do not seem to be on sale yet.

alittle off topic, can the 160gb(i think thats the size) be upgraded without a replacement box?

ive had sky+hd since the 3rd of this month and its great :D, didnt think id bother with the features as i had an original for nearly a year and was happy with it, but now i do find myself storing some films, not many but several :rotfl: all on the hd channels, although have been deleting some, i could probly find myself maxing it out at some point lol.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom