Question New 24" Monitor Recommendations?

Discussion in 'Computer Peripherals & Consumables' started by mgns, Jun 22, 2015.

1. mgns

mgns

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    Hi,

Does anyone have any recommendations for a good quality 24"+ monitor around the £170-£250 mark? It will be for general home usage e.g. internet, video playback/streaming and office type tasks.

As I'm not a gamer, I guess an IPS screen is the way to go. After a bit of research, the Dell U2414h or U2515h seem good options but the lack of DVI connection may pose a problem - especially with the 2560x1440 U2515h. Another option is the Eizo EV2450 with its 5 year warranty. Does anyone have any experience of these monitors?

Are there any other monitors I should be considering?

Thanks for the help

2. EndlessWaves

EndlessWaves
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,548
    Dell's Ultrasharp and Eizo's ranges are both full of good monitors. You use doesn't require particular precision or features so either will be fine.

I would be a little cautious about a 2560x1440 resolution screen that was only 25" across. High DPI screens like that are best if you're sitting close to them so depending on your desk you may want to go for a larger screen at that resolution.

3. mgns

mgns

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    Thanks for the reply EndlessWaves. With so many choices out there, I just wanted to check that I hadn't missed out any other obvious contenders.

I guess, unless you're a gamer, most people with £200 to spend will simply opt for something in the Dell Ultrasharp range.

4. EndlessWaves

EndlessWaves
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,548
    It's more a case of there being not much difference between screens, so almost everything is a good choice if you don't have some specific criteria.