New 21" Good Value Widescreen High Spec LCD

meansizzler

Ex Member
Reaction score
I just saw the HP f2105, at micro anvika priced under £550, it's a 21" display, with built in speakers and two port USB hub, has DVI and VGA inputs, and res of 1,680*1,050 it's a widscreen diaplay, just checked some reviews and it looks like a great piece of kit, beating the Lacie 321 on some tests, at under £550 it's a killer screen at a killer price...if oyur looking to upgrade then consider this as an option...

hp-f2105-i1.jpg

Full Review

Each to their own, as they say!

Personally I'd rather go for the Dell 24" but if you wan't the smaller size for a lot less you can still buy a Dell.

Here's the link!

I had Dell's 2005 & have a 2405. Would obviously go with Dell :D .

Better value etc.

:smoke:

meansizzler said:
The 20" dell is the same price as the HP, so i'd rather go with the HP

The Dell is £356.38 including VAT and Delivery! the HP is £550 according to your post (and their website)

I like the look of the 24" Dell 2405.
1920x1200 so it can do true pixel for pixel HD Video (1920x1080)
DVI, VGA, Composite, S-Video and Component
I use dual monitors so the thin bezel is also important to me.
Decent price £660 incVAT and delivery.
:thumbsup:

To be sure of Windows Vista future proof needs HDCP..................not mentioned in Zdnet review or HP website.

they'll be hitting the shelves by 2007 apparently... :rolleyes:

Goddam hollywood.... :mad:

Who would want to view HD on a sub 37" screen anyway...thats what we have plasma's for :)

Jim_Fear said:
Who would want to view HD on a sub 37" screen anyway...thats what we have plasma's for :)

I have yet to see a plasma that can do native 1080i.
720p seems to be the norm.

Jim_Fear said:

People who want to site less than a meter away from there screens, people who use there cpmputer work as well as play, can't see myself browsing the net on a plasma less than a meter away...plus the fact that a PC display has higher resolutions than a plasma, not to mention a higher refresh rate..nothing will ever replace a PC display, there multifuntion displays...can be used for just about anything, well the high end ones can...

The dell 2405 is ( as I've said before) not great for video. ( I have one)

My sd panasonic plasma has a picture 10 times better.

Don't buy the dell thinking its going to give you a fantastic hidef display ,,,its not much cop for sd as it is. More to a good image than the number of pixels.

Mr.D said:

My sd panasonic plasma has a picture 10 times better.

Don't buy the dell thinking its going to give you a fantastic hidef display ,,,its not much cop for sd as it is. More to a good image than the number of pixels.

I heard the 23 " version of the HP is pretty good for video..so what do you recommend out of all the "23"" HD PC displays?, is the 24" Sony CRT still the king of hi-def pc displays?

meansizzler said:
I heard the 23 " version of the HP is pretty good for video..so what do you recommend out of all the "23"" HD PC displays?, is the 24" Sony CRT still the king of hi-def pc displays?

Like I said on another thread its a good display ( the sony) its just not as perfect as people suggest from a very critical viewpoint . I use them at work for film effects but they don't really resolve as much resolution as they claim and the colour more innacurate the further away from the centre ( like all crts). The geometry has some issues too.

However the biggest downside is how deep the things are , they use a lot of deskspace. I wouldn't want one at home so settled for a dell which is great for 3d but rubbish for video...I'm no bthered by this but then again I've got a plasma and a prjector for the bulk of my viewing.

Mr.D said:
Could you name the drawbacks, Keith?

Planning to buy a 16x9 LCD monitor within 2 weeks. Currently looking at:

HP L2335
Dell 2405FPW
23" Apple Cinema HD display
Samsung Syncmaster 243T

Any recommendations, anyone?

Skunkpipe said:
There's a few around - they all seem to be 50" + though

How about an example of a plasma that will do 1080i native.
i.e. one that has 1080 lines or more.
My 50" Pioneer is 1280x768, so it will do 720p (1280x720) native 1:1 but it cannot do 1080i (1920x1080) without rescaling.

meansizzler said:
WHat PC display has HDCP?, not even the Lacie 321 does...
This gatway monitor does 21" widescreen with DCDi by Faroudja link

Mandarin Man said:
Could you name the drawbacks, Keith?

QUOTE]

Its too bright regardless of how low you drop the brightness.
The black level is quite high.

It posterises at the lower intensities.
Its also very noisy in the blacks.

You have very few picture controls to play with on a DVI signal ( I haven't tried vga yet it might be better) trying to calibrate with the graphics settings leaves you with a crushed image.

The viewing angle isn't great.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom