New 2017 Ford Fiesta Launched

D

Deleted member 39001

What do you think? They have stuffed it full of tech including ford Sync 3 with those Android and Apple integrated systems and an 8" touch screen, plus a B&O play sound system, which I think means they helped design it, so that should sound good. Plus aids like traffic sign detection and collision avoidance up to 130 meters etc.
Personally I could replace my 2013 ST with the new 3 2017 3 Door ST, whenever they launch it, in red! It's based on the current platform but is bigger, hence the similar look. Nought wrong with the current platform chassis though. Refined engines too, improved three cylinder etc but new 5 and 6 speed transmissions. Oh and panoramic sunroofs.
Pricing will increase though due to the new tech and higher quality materials.

ford-fiesta-embargoed-web.jpg

cydirnwxeaamw7k.jpg

cydjubrxuaeautf.jpg

cydjl39xgaeqc_k.jpg

fordoffy-02.jpg

fiestaoff-01.jpg

A better video of the event, the entire video is available but it's about an hour long, this is the bit with the Fuesta, whoever uploaded the video has dubbed their own music over it but seems to have left the speaking bits in mostly.

I do really like it, look more compact but the interior is a great improvement! Can see a lot of new cars opting for the big navigation screen.

Looks like another Ford of America special. Ugly oversized grille, tiny interior for it's length and competant but uninspiring dashboard.

The sunroof is a nice touch, the manual handbrake on the top of the range Vignale less so. Anyone want to bet whether it'll remain on the wrong side on the right hand drive version?

It doesn't look half as pretty or practical as a Suzuki Baleno, but I guess Ford are targeting the fifty-something that can't quite afford an Audi A1 rather than more down to earth buyers.

Am I the only person that can't stand these "floating" satnav/control screens? Mercs have had them for a while and I find them the most horrible part of the dashboard! Yeh by all means have a motorised one but don;'t have it there in your face all the time! Athletically its shocking!

Looks like another Ford of America special. Ugly oversized grille, tiny interior for it's length and competant but uninspiring dashboard.

The sunroof is a nice touch, the manual handbrake on the top of the range Vignale less so. Anyone want to bet whether it'll remain on the wrong side on the right hand drive version?

It doesn't look half as pretty or practical as a Suzuki Baleno, but I guess Ford are targeting the fifty-something that can't quite afford an Audi A1 rather than more down to earth buyers.

The grill is a requirement under EU pedestrian safety laws, they have to be big, I don't know of any new car complying with the regulations that doesn't look ugly at the front. Tiny interior? Well I'm a big 6 foot 3" and I don't even put my seat all the way back in my Fiesta, what do you want a Range Rover? It's a small car and it's bigger inside then an A1 or Mini and matches a 1 series if not beats it.
And the handbrake is on the right side on my car so again a strange thought?

The grill is a requirement under EU pedestrian safety laws, they have to be big, I don't know of any new car complying with the regulations that doesn't look ugly at the front.

Huh? I can think of several new cars that have much thinner grilles. Fiat's 500X and new 124 for example.

Tiny interior? Well I'm a big 6 foot 3" and I don't even put my seat all the way back in my Fiesta, what do you want a Range Rover? It's a small car and it's bigger inside then an A1 or Mini and matches a 1 series if not beats it.

Ford Fiesta image from Autocar:
ford-fiesta-2017-web-0445.jpg

Suzuki Baleno image from Autocar:
baleno-ac-2016-028.jpg

Both cars are exactly the same size and the Suzuki also manages to have an impressive boot.

The new Mondeo Estate had the same problem, it managed to have both a smaller boot and less leg room than it's competitors.

And the handbrake is on the right side on my car so again a strange thought?

Yeah, but yours is the existing model designed nine or ten years ago and only tweaked since then. I've been less impressed with the brand new releases over the last couple of years under the One Ford policy. Lucky Ford seem to be moving away from that now: Future Ford models to be more region specific | Autocar

Huh? I can think of several new cars that have much thinner grilles. Fiat's 500X and new 124 for example.

Ford Fiesta image from Autocar:
ford-fiesta-2017-web-0445.jpg

Suzuki Baleno image from Autocar:
baleno-ac-2016-028.jpg

Both cars are exactly the same size and the Suzuki also manages to have an impressive boot.

The new Mondeo Estate had the same problem, it managed to have both a smaller boot and less leg room than it's competitors.

Yeah, but yours is the existing model designed nine or ten years ago and only tweaked since then. I've been less impressed with the brand new releases over the last couple of years under the One Ford policy. Lucky Ford seem to be moving away from that now: Future Ford models to be more region specific | Autocar

Don't agree on the Fiat grills and all you've shown in the photos is that the Fiesta has nice comfortable thick seats whilst the Suzuki has cheap thin ones. It's no wonder the leg room is more, but go and take a photo of the front compartments. Because you never specified whether it was the front or back where the more leg room was. And my Fiesta was still the world platform car design, so again it makes no sense to say the handbrake will be on the wrong side with the new model.

Seems to be plenty of rear space in the new car.

fiasta-mk7-studio-232.jpg

A better video of the event, the entire video is available but it's about an hour long, this is the bit with the Fuesta, whoever uploaded the video has dubbed their own music over it but seems to have left the speaking bits in mostly.

She looks nice [emoji41] cars looking good to

I'm not sure where the BIG grill rule comes from? My wife has a 6 month old 2 series BMW and it only has the two kidney shaped grills at the front and the 2's quite a new model.

I have a 2014 fiesta so the new model did grab my attention but it would all depend on price for me! At the moment the current Fiesta is pretty good value compared to something like an audi A1 and I can't really fault the actual car.

For me to consider one it'd have to be a good few grand cheaper than an equivalent a1 even if they improve the quality/equipment of the new fiesta. I say this as my local dealerS are all pretty awful compared to our local Audi/BMW dealers.

When my wife takes her car to BMW for a service she's greeted by name, they know what the cars there for, she's offered a drink/wifi and then either taken home/to work or given a courtesy car (depending what she requested) each time without issue.

When I take my car to Ford I'm met by a few young 'kids' (different staff everytime I go) who never know whats going on/where the work sheet is etc. No offer of a lift home and you have to request a courtesy car months in advance!

I've tried several dealers now and they all seem to be pretty much the same. If they pitch them at the same price as an A1/Polo then I don't think I'd choose another Fiesta.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom