• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

New 2016 Ford Ranger Wildtrak

Bacus

Distinguished Member
Is anyone a 4x4 pick up kinda person ?
If so what are your views on this new face lifted version due out any day now.
Stacked full of features and very luxurious inside.

I'm thinking of trading in my beloved VW T5 Sportline for one of these.

What are your views ?
Do you have or have in the past had a ford ranger ?

Spec here: 2016 Ford Ranger Wildtrak

Last edited:

Fred Smith

Had a lift in a 2015 recently could not believe how low the roof was for a tall vehicle. Struggled to get in and out of it.

EndlessWaves

Distinguished Member
I've seen that on Topspeed. They said its has "genuine 4WD capability with stand-out styling and premium features." it has a sync 2 plus an impressive interior design. i like the five paint options too, but it's pricey compared to F-150's

Genuine 4x4 capability is an amusing comment for the rest of the world. Pick-ups are working vehicles that have become popular in recent years because all of the big, affordable off-roaders have vanished. Here in the UK you very rarely seen them without a full height Truckman cover on the back. Anyone who doesn't need serious off-road ability in a working vehicle buys a van.

They're very rarely bought as a person's normal car, like the F-150 is in the US. Last year in the UK Ford sold 5000 Rangers, compared to 75,000 Transit Vans and 133,000 Fiestas.

Unlike the Transit and the Fiesta the Ranger isn't the most popular vehicle of it's type, but all the pick-ups are single digit thousands in terms of sales numbers.

Sloppy Bob

Distinguished Member
They went through a wave of popularity a few years ago due to the way company car tax is calculated and it made them a bargain. The only problem was compared to driving a car they're pretty agricultural and no amount of leather, satnav and other gadgets is going to change that.

The latest video from AVForums

JVC 4K projectors, Denon X3800 & Perlisten speaker reviews, adding a sub to 2-channel + AV/HiFi news
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom