New 2007 build consoles are MUCH better

• Thread starter Deleted member 92943
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 92943

Alright Guys

Just though i would post here about my replacement 360. My 3rd gave me 3 red lights 2 weeks ago but decided to keep working. Rather than waiting for it to completely die on me and having to fork out £280 on a new Premium, i traded mine in and got a new one:D

To my delight, i was given one with a build of Febuary 8th 2007. Some may have already one of these newer builds. The pictures on the back and side of the box are different showing off the newer accessories.

The Mains lead that goes into the PSU has a different connection. Still 2 pin but smaller. The Hard Drive on the side is no longer silver around the edge but light grey like the botton of the console. The grey overall is a slightly lighter shade too. Same for the controller.

The Drive is the BenQ model:clap: When the console is on the dash it is now COMPLETELY Silent. Played 'Gears' for around 5 minutes and i was shocked at how much quieter it was.:eek: You can hear it within a 1 meter radious of the console but further than that it's silent when playing games.

It is definately 50% quieter than my last 360. :smashin:

Took out the Game extended warrenty to be causious as i get free replacements for 3 years for only £35.

I just thought i would post this here to confirm that the newer consoles ARE quieter and better built.

Alright Guys

Just though i would post here about my replacement 360. My 3rd gave me 3 red lights 2 weeks ago but decided to keep working. Rather than waiting for it to completely die on me and having to fork out £280 on a new Premium, i traded mine in and got a new one:D

To my delight, i was given one with a build of Febuary 8th 2007. Some may have already one of these newer builds. The pictures on the back and side of the box are different showing off the newer accessories.

The Mains lead that goes into the PSU has a different connection. Still 2 pin but smaller. The Hard Drive on the side is no longer silver around the edge but light grey like the botton of the console. The grey overall is a slightly lighter shade too. Same for the controller.

The Drive is the BenQ model:clap: When the console is on the dash it is now COMPLETELY Silent. Played 'Gears' for around 5 minutes and i was shocked at how much quieter it was.:eek: You can hear it within a 1 meter radious of the console but further than that it's silent when playing games.

It is definately 50% quieter than my last 360. :smashin:

Took out the Game extended warrenty to be causious as i get free replacements for 3 years for only £35.

I just thought i would post this here to confirm that the newer consoles ARE quieter and better built.

Is all Games current stock the new version, or did you ask for a 2007 model?

He went to get the 360 from the stock room before i had a chance to ask for a newer build (going by manufactures date) but as soon as i saw the new look of the box, i just knew it must have been a newer console:D

Gah, I hate it when this happens. Now my late 2006 model is looking like a bad deal. Still, I couldn't bear to wait anymore for my console!

I too have a newer model (3rd console), I hate to burst your bubble but mine has crashed a few times in the few weeks I've had it, every now and then the game stops working and you can hear the disc making a clicking noise then it comes up saying the disc needs cleaning.

I must also say that becuase of how silent it is on the dashboard that i may even consider buying the HD-DVD Drive again after they do they DTS Fix.

If anyone here does get a replacement or a new console i guess if you just ask for a console ith the newer looking box that it would be a Feb 07 onwards build. Easier than going through the hassle of asking about the Manufacturing date

Alright Guys

I was considering doing that too now that mine has just run out of warranty. How much did it cost you? And what's the deal with your arcade downloads, can you redownload them for free?

I was considering doing that too now that mine has just run out of warranty. How much did it cost you? And what's the deal with your arcade downloads, can you redownload them for free?

Deal wise, i probably got ripped off. I traded in the 360 which i got £170 for and £110 for the 9 games that i traded in.which covered the cost of the whole console plus 2 new games (Crackdown and Gears of War) plus the insurance which was £35

how did you transfere the data from you hard-drive?

I think this trade in is great idea. I get the feeling my 360 is about to die, so paying an extra £110 for an new console and 2 new games isn't too bad a deal in my eyes. I think i may wait for Forza 2 tho:D

I just got a new Core today (my premium launch console died yesterday DOH!!) and it's in the new box (it doesn't have the handle on anymore)

I really hope it is quieter than my old one. I went for the extended guarantee as well, I don't want to have to buy another!!.

Didn't trade it in (as it's broken) will see if I can get a cheap repair/fix it myself/sell for parts.

The guy in there said he's on his 4th, but that he has to keep getting them for the games. ( I know what he means, I was so gutted when my old one broke:thumbsdow )

They have a Core package with Viva Pinata, Fusion Frenzy & a memory card for £199, which is not bad really (I know you can get better deals online ETC but I want to be able to take it back in person if I have to)

I too have a newer model (3rd console), I hate to burst your bubble but mine has crashed a few times in the few weeks I've had it, every now and then the game stops working and you can hear the disc making a clicking noise then it comes up saying the disc needs cleaning.

Mine had done this a couple of times but only with RV6
Is this the first sign that its on its way out???

i got my new one a few days ago (first box died after 4 months, second box DOA) 3rd time lucky it appears - i to am amazed how quite it actually is, the fan has never so far (after 2-3 hour session) spun up to the sound level that the old box had from cold and the drive is much quieter too.

Just hope the damn thing lasts now

If the new ones are really that much quieter than I may have to move mine into the AV unit that killed my 1st with overheating (because it was so noisy). I've got just over 5 months to cook this one.:devil:

He went to get the 360 from the stock room before i had a chance to ask for a newer build (going by manufactures date) but as soon as i saw the new look of the box, i just knew it must have been a newer console:D

Any pictures of the new look box e.t.c?

Mine had done this a couple of times but only with RV6
Is this the first sign that its on its way out???
the only thing i can find on the newer models is that the benq drives are prone to freezing and clicking.
in the few ones ive looked in,there seems to be no new processors in them as yet though,they will take time to filter through i suspect.
but its the people with hitatchi/toshiba drives that say they are quieter.
they were really loud,and scratchy,compared to the samsung.benq drive.
i have a samsung drive in mine,only 8 or 9 weeks old or so,and have heard/seen the new benq drive,and to be honest,there nothing in it to say yes,its quieter or not.
personally though,with past experience of benq/liteon and there drives,i wouldnt get too excited yet.
benq/liteon are cheap and nasty,and this could be one way for microsoft to save money,as i dont think there in it for the "high quality,no matter the cost" league.

not got a picture,but its got no white plastic handle,slightly smaller,and there seems to be less carboard/foam inside,and the exterior is differently marked too,with slightly different photos on it,but apart from that,its just a cosmetic difference
and its not new,they have been using the same "new" box for about 6 or 7 months.

I would like to point out that although the BenQ machines are quieter don't get rid of your perfectly working 360's for them. I only did it as mine kept freezing, gave me 3 red lights already (although came back to life) and if it completely died would not be covered by any warrenty.

how did you transfere the data from you hard-drive?

I think this trade in is great idea. I get the feeling my 360 is about to die, so paying an extra £110 for an new console and 2 new games isn't too bad a deal in my eyes. I think i may wait for Forza 2 tho:D

Memory Card.

How much trade in did you get for your old 360?
And did they say anything to you for getting a new 360?

£170 for the console and around £100 for 9 games that i traded in. I made some story about my mate wanting the new 360 but wanting to use my trade in value and i keep the cash. Awful story as it made the guy go and test my old 360 first:D

Same as the Box for the 360 Elite but in white. No plastic handle and is slightly smaller like mentioned

£170 for the console and around £100 for 9 games that i traded in. I made some story about my mate wanting the new 360 but wanting to use my trade in value and i keep the cash. Awful story as it made the guy go and test my old 360 first:D

That sounds very decent! Mmmm.... should I trade in my 360, get vouchers and wait for the Elite.....or got a PS3.... :rolleyes:

Ooooh....wonder if MS are sending any of these out? UPS picked my 3-red-lighted console up this morning. It'll be interesting to see what comes back. Grubby refurbished job I bet. :(

I'm keeping my eye on the clicky noise thing. My first console went back due to it saying it can't read discs every now and then so I was a bit dismayed to see it happen on this one, saying that I'm not too bothered cos I'll just end up swapping it for an Elite at this rate.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom