New 2.1 system for TV and music

Aslund

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone

From my days as a student I still have my old reliable stereo setup with Dali 850 speakers, NAD 114+216 and Cambridge DacMagic. They are really amazing but on my older days I am looking for something little more convenient for watching films and listening to music.
I am planning on buying Harman Kardon Citation Amp. It seems like a good little powerhouse with all the modern connections. The use of Chromecast seems to be a plus and it is more powerful than Bluesound or Sonos.
Regarding speakers I am looking at the following solutions, I am from Denmark, so that of cause affects my choice and options:

Option 1:
Dali Opticon 1 mk2
Dali Sub E-12 F

Option 2:
Arendal 1961 Bookshelf
Arendal 1961 Subwoofer 1S

Option 3:
System Audio Saxo 5
System Audio Saxo Sub 10

Is there any particular option you would recommend or is there a 4th I have missed?

Thank you.

Sebastian

Hi. The Dali Opticon MK1 range sound lovely and can be had for good discounts at the moment (In the UK at least. Not sure about Denmark). Would mean extra pennies fpr the rest of the system, or an Opticon 2 MK1 instead of Opticon 1 MK 2. Just a thought.

I use the Denon DRA 800-h with 2 sets of speakers and a sub. I don’t know if it’s available in Denmark but if so, would provide you with all the inputs and features for a tv and music system. I’ve been very satisfied with it.

I use the Denon DRA 800-h with 2 sets of speakers and a sub. I don’t know if it’s available in Denmark but if so, would provide you with all the inputs and features for a tv and music system. I’ve been very satisfied with it.
+1. Mate has one. Amazing bit of kit for the money. 100 Watts of Class A/B power and loads of connectivity.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom