Nevo sl problems

krisstewart67

Standard Member
I have just received a Nevo SL remote which I have been spending the past 2 days trying to setup. Problems I'm having are not being to turn my Panasonic tv on due to needing a longer ir command which can't be changed in a macro. Is there anyone who has solved this or has an improved Hex code to overcome it.
Second problem my nevo not seeing my wireless router. It sees every other router in my area but not mine. I've tried turning firewall off, disabling wep but no result. Any ideas?

Thanks

Crustyloafer

Hi,

I used to have a old Panasonic CRT which I had the same problem with on my NevoSL. I looked for a long time for alternative IR commands to overcome this and could not. Eventually I resorted to creating a page which the remote jumped to at the start of every macro sequence. On this page were two large onscreen buttons, one with the power command for the TV which you first held down until the TV was on and then a second button below it which you pressed after the TV was on and this carried out the rest of the IR commands for the macro sequence and then jumped to the controls for the device required to control.

You can download a copy of my old Nevo project to get a better idea of what I am talking about.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7808524/Chris BDP-83.nvo

Crustyloafer

As for your wireless router problems, I am not really sure at all. The Wi-Fi capabilities of the NevoSL are woeful at best and should be swiftly forgotten.

It might be worth checking that you are broadcasting a b/g network and not an 'n' wireless signal. Also try using just standard WEP security temporarily to see of that makes any difference. Also check what wireless channel your router is broadcasting on and try a different one, channels 1, 6 and 11 are standard ones to use and don't interfere with one another.

krisstewart67

Standard Member
Thanks. The workaround for powering on tv seems best option.
As for router it's got to a problem with the belkin setup as it sees all my neighbours sky and bt hubs. Strange but annoying. Thanks anyway.

Trending threads

Top Bottom