1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Never watched till now !!!

Discussion in 'TV Show Forum' started by oggy, Jun 27, 2005.

1. oggy

oggy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Is there anyone else out there like me bought a dvd box set or special edition and put it away and never watched it.Only asking the question as I bought Band of Brothers box set and only got round to watching it this week working nightshift offshore gave me ample time.I did really enjoy it and just remembered i've had it for more than a year been loaned out to 2 others so I do have a wee bit of an excuse,so come on anyone else........?

2. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    We were very kindly all notified of a pricing error on the box set in a tin of Band of Brothers over two years ago and I was lucky enough to get one before the prices were rectified. It's still sitting there unopened and unwatched so far from saving money, it was actually a waste of money.

3. HMHB

HMHB
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,757
    I bought the complete 4th season of The Simpsons and lent it to my mate for his kids to have a look at.... and still haven't got it back yet so I've not watched it.

4. lovemunkey187

lovemunkey187

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +29
    See my sig. Well over half of them are brand spanking that I haven't gotten fom the trade section of this forum and have just not gotten around to watching. Admittedly none of them are from more than a year ago, though.

If you decide that you nedd to clear the space that it's taking up then I could give it a very good home :D .

5. oggy

oggy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Ian J I was one of that lucky few who bought from Empire Direct I think ! blimey was it 2 years ago :blush: !!!!!!Oh well it is well worth watching imo.

6. explicitlyrics

explicitlyrics

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    I hadnt seen 24, the TV series, ever before. I watched one episode of series 4, thought thats pretty good, Ill make an effort to watch the next one. By chance I actually did watch the next episode. I have watched every single episode since and it is easily the best TV series (equal to Friends) I have ever watched.

I 100% RECOMMEND ANYBODY WHO HAS THE TIME TO WATCH 24. Note that series 1-3 take a few episodes before you are hooked, series 4 only needs 1 though.

7. drskhaled

drskhaled

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +108
    I bought the box set of the matrix trilogy (slightly embarressed about that), and havent watched it, mainly becuase ive seen all three in cinema and fleetingly on sky movies. I still dunno what made me buy it.

8. Cable Monkey

Cable Monkey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +205
    My ommision's are borderline criminal! Saw Memento for the first time a few weeks ago after it had lay unwatched in my collection for years. I had tried before but couldn't get involved. Also I got Star Wars episodes 4, 5 and 6 and realised to my horror I had never seen 6! In both cases it 'suddenly all made sense'.

9. Gary D

Gary D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +826
    Ian - you should hang your head in shame! :D one of the tv shows ever (in terms of sonics, picture, story, acting, script, direction etc etc) clear the decks and put it on man!!!! :D

Oh and explicitlyrics: glad to se you think its as good as friends! in fact that comnment is funnier than an joke i've seen in friends :D

Gary

10. The Gooner

The Gooner

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +44

How much do you want for it un opened

11. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,024
    I got Ultraviolet which I thought was a great series but haven’t got round to it , but a mate borrowed it and watched the series in one sitting.

12. TonyA

TonyA

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +217
    I've got all of the Original Star Trek, TNG, and DS9 + three seasons of the X-Files to watch!

Midway through the boxset of Crusade at the moment.

13. Razor

Razor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12,498
    I have The Peter Kay "Live Collection" Box Set and Schinderslist. I want to see Schinderslist but haven't got round to it. :rolleyes: Peter Kay was a present. :thumbsdow

BTW I too had Band of Brothers a good 6 months before I watched. I did all 10 episodes in 3 days, Superb. I have since rewatched this box set twice more. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Gary's coments are spot on :thumbsup:

Oh and some one bought me The Pink Panther Boxset, I have only seen 1/2 of the first movie :boring: :boring: :boring: :suicide:

X-Files is a ledgend show. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Loved all the star treks apart form DS9, shame enterprise has been binned. :(

14. domtheone

domtheone
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,278
    Aye, great series.

Damm shame they never commissioned a second series :thumbsdow

15. matisamd

matisamd
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yea i saw band of brothers box set for somthing like £25 or so way back and thought i had to buy, new it was excellent had seen bits of it etc, but not being a major war film buff hadnt been in the mood for it and it sat gathering dust lent to a couple of peeps all said it was great, just recently started watching it, though admitedly i have a 1 dvd left to watch, so no one say anything :p

Actually ive still got a load of films and *cough* old Divx movies i still havent watched like, oh yea, Maidinmanhatten is it me or is there no appeal to even put that in my player :p hehe.

16. Tejstar

Tejstar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +990
    I have really tried to slow down my buying as I have so many boxsets and SE's still unopened. I've been quite good, I haven't bought anything for 5 weeks now (and boy is it hard!) :D

17. Razor

Razor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12,498

Dont worry when HD arrives you can re-buy it all again ;)

18. Blondie

Blondie
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    That scares me, the fact that i would buy all my collection again in HD :thumbsdow it won't happen. new films yes, old films :nono: :nono:
    as for boxsets that i have not managed to wade through yet Friends, The One With All Ten Series on DVD, got to season 5; and Laurel and Hardy the complete collection, watched about 10 discs :rolleyes:

19. Tejstar

Tejstar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +990
    I can only imagine re-buying tv boxsets as it'd end up me saving a lot of space (I hope!) :)

20. Razor

Razor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12,498
    I will only be re-buying the classics and blockbusters. I can't see myself replacing my whole collection. I still have a few movies on VHS which i havent got on dvd as they don't deserve to be rebought or re-watched such as Relic, batteries not inc, ghostbusters...etc

21. Blondie

Blondie
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :hiya: Razor, i can not believe you would not buy a HD beauty like Ghostbusters :nono: it is one of the best blockbuster movies from the 80's :smashin: :smashin:

22. Razor

Razor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12,498

Blondie :hiya:

Your having a Turkish bath aren't you :D

23. CAS FAN

CAS FAN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,730
    I'll probably buy maybe my top 20-30 faves on HD format but for the majority of my collection i'd be happy just to keep them in DVD format. To buy a couple of hundred films again would cost a small fortune! :eek:

24. Razor

Razor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12,498

Agreed. Allot of movies wont need to be HD to be appreciated. I dont think it will be the same a VHS to DVD as you can still play DVD's in a HD drive (I think so anyway, not 100%) and DVD's are digital and VHS was analouge.

However that said I wont buy a SD version of a movie if there is a HD version. :thumbsup:

25. CAS FAN

CAS FAN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,730
    Surely there will be a limit to the level of definition that you can get out of some of the older film prints as well. It will probably only be the more recent stuff that can be remastered in HD. I could be wrong though - does anyone know whether this theory has any basis?

26. Razor

Razor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12,498

I could be wrong here but most films are shot in a higher res than normal SD as they have to be shown on the big screen (cinema). So to remaster to HD should be very straight forward. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

27. Marc

Marc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,081
    i have a lot of dvds i've never watched. In terms of movies, it must be nearing 100. Probably 2 thirds of those i have seen the movie on tv or in the cinema, then bought but not watched the dvd. tv boxsets would be pretty much all the buffy and angel ones, although i have seen all the episodes before so i more or less got them just for collection purposes, and series 3 of millennium. when millennium was on tv, i thought the final ever episode was the one where frank's wife dies, but i discovered after buying the boxsets that there's a whole 3rd series after that!!