• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Never played Fable

LeeholmeLegend

Established Member
Hi :hiya:

I've never played Fable and don't really know much about it so i'd be grateful of any opinions. I don't really like RPG games (except Fallout3 which i think is one of the best games ever), not even sure if Fable is a RPG or not though?!

I'm particularly interested to find out it the offline multiplayer is anygood?

thanks Fable fans:thumbsup:

TylerDurden

Prominent Member
Well, I've played and enjoyed the first Fable game, I put 90 hours + into Fallout 3 and started playing Fable II recently. Its not as good as Fallout but the humour in it is very good, its not as hardcore as Fallout (for example you can't die). I think that playing Fable II after Fallout has diminished my view of it (Fable II that is) somewhat. Its still a good solid game but a bit of a letdown after Fallout. Haven't tried the multiplayer so can't comment on that

Nik73

Distinguished Member
I'm in a similar boat to Tyler but I found it a refreshing change from Fallout 3. It's much simpler and more basic, which I like as it's easier to have a quick blast rather than getting sucked in for hours on end like Fallout 3. Plus the scale is much less so it's not as overwhelming.
To be honest, I actually like it more than I thought I would. I don't like RPG's but this and FO3 are such good examples it's hard not to enjoy them. I'd recommend them both to be honest, great games.

I agree that the humour is great in Fable 2, plus if you're a dog person you'll love it. I still laugh watching him give it legs and seeing his ears flap as he runs. :D

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom