1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NEVER BUY FROM DVDSOON Read This

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD discs' started by leighpaulo, May 8, 2005.

1. leighpaulo

leighpaulo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    [Rule breaking post removed by admin. If you have a complaint about a company you must make it within the forum rules].

2. jdbrooks

jdbrooks

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    I ordered a game from them on thursday 28th april and received it thursday 5th may.
    First time i've ordered from them.

3. PJTX100

PJTX100

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +564
    Well, a lot of people seem to use them and are happy with the prices.

It did take 6 weeks for my one and only item to arrive from them, so I understand the sentiment.

But I didn't feel like brandishing them as dishonest. Their web site seem to be way underpowered, and their supply chain seems inefficient to say the least. But I don't think they are crooks...PJ

4. Chrisw2k

Chrisw2k

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Their stock system has never been good at giving accurate stock levels, they rarely keep any stock anyway unless it a new major release.

Refunds are DIY, cancel an item and the money goes into your dvd soon account (avoids the cc commision charge, usful for reordering during pricedrops). If you want the money back on you card you click on the request link and within 21 working days the money appears back on you card.

Long waits are common with dvd soon, if you read the dvdsoon thread or on numerous threads on other forums you would see this. (they only use canadian suppliers to keep costs down and some studios have poor canadian distribution resulting in delays)

So far I have recieved 150 orders from them without any issues, they honour misprices, most of the time don't need to return items for replacement and at the prices they change I am willing to wait. (longest so far is 3 months for MGM stuff from one of their sales)

BTW: What title did you order ?

5. jian

jian

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +77
    I, and I guess many other members of this forum know how you feel. Many of us have a love hate relationship with the company. We love them becuase they are cheap, but hate them for their inefficiency, poor communication and long delays, amongst other things.

If you need something fast, I would avoid them. However, if you can wait (and prepare for a long wait sometimes) go for it.

Me? After the debacle with the PSP, I am rather cautious. However, they did come through in the end, so I'll still throw some business their way, but always on the understanding that there might be major headaches later on.

If you want excellent customer service, try CD Wow. Their prices are not always the best but their customer service is, and they are fast too.

Good luck with your claim, but if you want to avoid the hassle, just go through the credit card company instead. Provided that you've been reasonable, they'll do all the running.

6. Daywalker

Daywalker

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +50
  7. imnotrich

imnotrich

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +141
    I wish some people would do their research, there are plenty of threads about DVDSoon, Ive personally being using them for years, had a shed load of orders through them and have rarely had a problem.

They are not the best company for older titles if you want them quick but for the price you pay then wait or use someone else, do NOT slag them off and certainly claims of fraud are totally untrue.

Everyone on here knows that prices fluctuate, website cannot cope with high demand with everyone cancelling and re-ordering at lower prices, long waiting times on older titles, how to refund money back to your account or to your credit card, and they are not the quickest at replying to emails either but we all continue to use them.

Do some research next time before trusting your money with a new company and look for recommendations.

Some people...............

8. guysie

guysie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

9. Marc

Marc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,101
    i think that must only be in regards to price, dvdboxoffice have infinitely superior customer service, but their prices are crap

10. Ian C.

Ian C.

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +35
    You wont beat them on price,not used them myself
    but I would recommend cd wow and axelmusic :thumbsup:

11. Greg Hook

Greg Hook
    Moderator & Reviewer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    In a secret location with Jennifer Lawrence
    Ratings:
    +9,317
    Moving to DVD supplier forum.

There are loads of threads about DVD Soon anyway and it does seem a little suspicious that both your posts are warning people about DVD Soon. Do you work for a competitor?

12. lovemunkey187

lovemunkey187

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +29
    Is this possible? Technically you're importing illegal material, in the sense that it hasn't been certified by the BBFC.

13. Seth Gecko

Seth Gecko
    retired member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +193
    I have to agree with Greg - a new poster warning of DVD Soon etc. Not that I'd even SUGGEST I smell a rat...........

Thanks for the warning - I will remain quite unchanged by the experience.

14. figoagogo

figoagogo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +575
    Well I became an "Fidelity iCard" member and have been waiting sometime for my orders :thumbsdow

Have a UMD on order from the 15th of April, and 2 DVDs, 1 UMD and 1 PSP game on order since 29th April and NOTHING has happened with them - they just state on order :eek:

I cannot log into the site 35% of the time, and not sure what here policy is with regards to stocks and leadtimes - but I cant moan too much as all the above cost me only about £50 which is nothing really - They could just be quicker...

15. steve36

steve36

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    I don't understand what this person has against DVDsoon, if they'd done the same as we all done and done a check on the internet before ordering they would have found the following:
    1) Stock levels inaccurate.
    2) Can take months to get items
    3) Take 21 days to refund credit cards
    4) They order/despatch in batches eventually
    5) Only on one occasion have they tried to avoid supplying an item for what I can only to be a mistakenly good price.

On the good side
    1) They are the cheapest company I've ever found by far.
    2) Postage with the fidelity card is free (and only 4 days from eventual despatch.
    I was wary and now found I spent nearly CD$1000 in less than 6 months with no real problems. I'm absolutely certain if I'd purchased elsewhere I would have paid at least 50% more.
    Very occasionally I get a little nervous after a couple of months of waiting but they have always come through.

I've just received Sting DVD Audio of his recent release for less than £7 including postage after 4 weeks of waiting. I've got/am waiting for Star Trek special editions for approx £4 including postage etc etc.
    I can not understand how they manage it yet they continue to deliver items eventually.

I understand the frustration some people have but at least you do appear to be able to get a refund 21 days later.
    I do worry some times how long it would take to get a refund for 'lost in transit' but so far I've been lucky.

Steve :clap:

16. Miyazaki

Miyazaki

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +850
    they have gone sharply downhill of late though. I have used them for about 3 or 4 years, and I never had any complaint with them until 2005. Waited two months for my psp from them, am currently waiting almost a month for other items.

No idea how they managed to snare best canadian online retailer though. They are incrediably cheap, but lets face it, if they weren't, they wouldn't have any business.