1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Neutrik Speakon Input - Help

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by chris l., Dec 19, 2003.

1. chris l.

chris l.

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I'm attempting to wire in two MJ Ref 100 subs into my system with a LFE to both and high level Neutrik connections to both.

As per the MJ web site:-

"The 3 bare end wires on the MJ Acoustics high level cable are connected to your amps speaker outs as follows:
    Red to Left + positive terminal
    Yellow to Right + positive terminal
    Black to either Left or Right - negative terminal - NOT BOTH. You have now completed cable connection and are ready to start using your sub."

This is ok for one sub wired into the main fronts.

What would you do when wiring one sub to the centre speaker as there obviously only one set of terminals to connect to.

I’m thinking Red wire (+) and Yellow wire (+) to the same positive terminal and the Black wire (-) to the sole negative terminal.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Chris L.

2. Crustyloafer

Crustyloafer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,237
    Just connect either the red or the yellow to the red terminal on the centre channel speaker terminals but not both. Put a bit of insuating tape around the unused wire afterwards.

3. alek

alek

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just found this thread with search as I've just received my twin BK xls-200s, planning to use them in stereo. At the MJ Acoustics web site a different wiring is suggested: winding the + wires (red & yellow) together and connected to the + speaker out terminal. This is the way I'm going to go. Not sure if there's any difference between leaving one of the + leads unconnected or winding them together, though (apart from having one unconnected wire hanging around).