1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Neutrik cable

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by Spooky, Dec 11, 2003.

1. Spooky

Spooky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +61
    Em, connected my MJ ref 1 with a standard sub cable , but noticed the high input Neutrik cable in the box.....so dumm question whats the differance and can it be connected to my amp Pioneer 2011?
    Sounds stupid but this is the first good sub I have had, and want to get the best outa it.
    Many thanks
    Spooks

2. Crustyloafer

Crustyloafer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,241
    The high level Neutrik cable supplied is normally used for 2 channel applications where you want to feed the sub exactly the same signal as is being fed to the main speakers. You can then use the crossover onboard the sub and get it to merge seamlessly with the main speakers. If you are using an AV amp then the crossover is set on that and so there is no need for you to use the high level cable, just use the low level sub cabel you are using and set the subs crossover all the way to the right until it clicks into the LFE setting which bypasses the onboard crossover.

3. Spooky

Spooky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +61
    Cheers for that, yeh I had set it to LFE and use the amps crossover settings anyways when using the low level cable.
    Still curious though, how would I connect it to my AV amp? I have my 2011 set up to bi-amp my fronts , so can I still connect the neutrik as normal ie front righ front left? or will this put too much load on the amp.
    Would this neutrik cable be better for stereo use? or is it much of a muchness?
    My idea was to use the neutrik for stereo and low level for movies, but can I leave em all connected at the same time, or is it jiggery pokery every time I was to listen to a different format?
    :blush: Sorry I sound real daft now
    Spooks

btw edited cause I found out how your supposed to connect the cable

4. Reiner

Reiner

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Depends on the make and model of the sub. AFAIK some can be connected via high and low level at the same time, others can't.

5. Spooky

Spooky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +61
    Sorted now, all connected hi and low, and rocks in stereo as well as movies now.
    Cheers to all
    Spooks
    :clap: