Neutral sharpness setting on Panasonic LCD TVs?

AlphaCen

Standard Member
Hello,

What is the neutral sharpness setting on Panasonic LCD TVs? (GX, HX, JX series).

I just bought TX40-JX870b and default sharpness is 50. Coming from LG, I don’t know how to set it properly (so that no softening and no sharpening of picture is going on).

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

Boothy99

Novice Member
Hello,

What is the neutral sharpness setting on Panasonic LCD TVs? (GX, HX, JX series).

I just bought TX40-JX870b and default sharpness is 50. Coming from LG, I don’t know how to set it properly (so that no softening and no sharpening of picture is going on).

Thanks in advance!

Hi AlphaCen,
I'm waiting for our Panasonic TX-40JX870b to arrive next week (ordered yesterday). I see you've had yours a while - any tips on setting it up from out of the box, please?
I've found a couple of YouTube videos referring to JX800 setup, but nothing for the JX850 / JX870.

Cheers.

rccarguy2

Distinguished Member
Display sharpness patten at native resolution and 1:1 pixel mapping. You don't want the patten to be blurry or with halos around the lines

Another method is display text from a computer, at native and 1:1, make it closest as it would be on a monitor.

Boothy99

Novice Member
Display sharpness patten at native resolution and 1:1 pixel mapping. You don't want the patten to be blurry or with halos around the lines

Another method is display text from a computer, at native and 1:1, make it closest as it would be on a monitor.
Hi rccarguy2,
Thanks for that (I've saved it in my tips notes). I'll have a mooch about on the menu's when it arrives as I'm not familiar with much setup-wise, other than what I've watched or read (not a lot of that about) and not seen that mentioned so far 👍
I aught to post a separate question too. I shouldn't hijack AlphaCen's post 🤔

rccarguy2

Distinguished Member
Hi rccarguy2,
Thanks for that (I've saved it in my tips notes). I'll have a mooch about on the menu's when it arrives as I'm not familiar with much setup-wise, other than what I've watched or read (not a lot of that about) and not seen that mentioned so far 👍
I aught to post a separate question too. I shouldn't hijack AlphaCen's post 🤔

Get 1080p and 4k native image like this. You can also use it to check for under/overscan

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211120-142243.png
    Screenshot_20211120-142243.png
    325.4 KB · Views: 51

The latest video from AVForums

Maverick UK Premiere IMAX Review + Top Gun, Tom Cruise, Tony Scott and 4K + Movie/TV News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom