1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NeuNeo hi-def dvd players from Asia. Anyone know anything about them?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Rob20, Feb 10, 2005.

1. Rob20

Rob20

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +279
    http://www.neodigits.com/body/product/default.asp

Click the link to look at 2 players. Then only difference i can see is the $195 player claims to uipscale dvds to max 1080p, whereas the $165 player only has 1080i max. There are also hi-def discs with native 720p. Though I can't imagine the USA studios allowing their films to be released on it. Anyone know much about them? AApparantly the players are region free, and will play on both PAL/NTSC. Though 1080i output is 60hz only.

[​IMG]
    $195
    [​IMG]
    $165

2. KraGorn

KraGorn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    If you do a Search on here you'll find a few recent threads mention them. I also doubt HVD has any future.

3. Rob20

Rob20

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +279
    Can't find anything on the dvd player forum. Was only interested in their ability as a dvd scaler and 720p dissc to be honest. Can you remember off the top of your head?

4. the klang

the klang

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    hello rob20,i have been looking at that for some time now,seems to good to be true at that price,but never the less have a look at the momitsu v880n another player that is nice . :thumbsup:

5. MKPatrick

MKPatrick

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    I own two of the previous Neuneo MPEG4/Divx players. The 2nd generation one has had zero firmware support and the 3rd generation one is without doubt the crappiest investment I've ever made in cheap Chinese electronics. It does lots of things, all badly.
    If you want upscaling and quality at a bargain price why not get a Samsung HD745. I did and have never looked back.
    HVD is not an approved HiDef format, is only available in China and a few related territories and it's longevity is not assured.

Patrick

6. zeropoint

zeropoint

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    The HVD108 is bench-tested in Secrets progressive-scan shootouts. I think it does fairly well.

The new HVD208 offers 1080P over component, and reviews are beginning to surface.

Check out AVS forums for reviews and comments regarding these machines.

One problem that bothers some people is that it has a short-loader - apparently it's hard to find long-loaders(?) - such that the disc tray drawer doesn't fully extend. This means you have to tuck your precious discs under the fascia lip to insert it. My Skyworth 3650 has this too, plus there's no provision for gripping the disc's rim to remove it: I have to poke my little pinky in the hole to coax the disc out. This doesn't seem to bother many people though. Maybe it's just me. Pity they don't hinge the lip upwards, when the tray extends, if they can't source a long loader. It seems other manufacturers don't have this issue. Cost cutting perhaps?

The main reason for these players - apart from HVD - is upconversion over component for those without DVI/HDMI/HDCP. If you have the latter, there are better players elsewhere.