Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Networks - Voda/O2 any diference??

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones Forum' started by Bone Daddy, May 6, 2003.

1. Bone Daddy

Bone Daddy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Anybody have any thoughts - my contract with Voda` is up the end of this month and I`ve seen a much better contract on O2 very tempted to switch over :hiya: now quite a few mates have Orange and the quality of reception sometimes is appaling even down to no signal whilst my Voda is `full bar`and thats pretty much all around the country,now does O2 suffer like this or is there anything else I should be aware of :rolleyes: ??

2. kelvin

kelvin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +45
    O2 is generally very good IMHO - I've been with them for about a year now and had no problems with reception (or anything else for that matter!). Other than the odd gap when I'm driving through the sticks, I nearly always have a signal.

Never used Vodafone so I'm not totally sure how they'd compare, but I can't see it being a whole lot better from my experience :)

K.

3. ducati996

ducati996

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'd say that Vodafone overall has the best coverage.

I've tried all the networks & thats why Voda don't compete on price because they have the network to be slightly dearer than say Orange or T-mobile/Virgin.

ducati996

4. rct

rct

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Funny that, because I abandoned Vodafone & O2 specifically because of their poor coverage... all four handsets are now Orange connected and I now have no problems whatsoever... it goes to show that sometimes some networks have superior penetration in a localised area.

5. Bone Daddy

Bone Daddy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Seems like I`m stopping on Voda`,after a call this morning to my line suppliers about switching phones and being quoted £170 :eek: to transfer to a 7250 I told them about the other deal and what happens is hilarious - the girl had to "go and speak to her manager" 4 times in total because I was not happy with the deal they were offering,in the end got the phone for £30 and 300 x-net min`s per month & 100 txts free per month - :clap: if your on contract and it`s about to expire stick to your guns and they will bend over backwards to keep you with them :smashin:

6. Ekko Star

Ekko Star

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +468
    Voda is generally the best, and O2 is on a par with them. Superior coverage provided by both networks.

T-Mobile, Orange etc etc are poor relations. If you're lucky you will live in an area where these networks might be alright for you, but general UK coverage is not great. That's why you will probably find that handsets tend to be the most cheapest on these networks as well.

I know what you mean about them trying to retain your contract ! I just recently got myself a Black Titanium 8910i colour screen at a fantastic price. One sexy phone indeed !:D

7. m@rk

m@rk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +374
    If I had the choice, I would dump Vodafone today in favour of T-Mobile

Now keep in mind that my typical Vodafone mobile bill is in the region of £600 to £1000 per month, you can guess that I use it a lot. On top of this, I cover 35,000 business miles a year all over the UK.

I also have a T-mobile phone as well (as a backup) and whilst I am always getting dropped calls, no signal, GPRS DNS problems, network busy, poor line quality on Vodafone, I NEVER get these problems with T-Mobile.

Sure they have dead spots in the network but then all networks have dead spots but they are far less frequent than the Vodafone ones plus the customer service is better :smashin:

8. Geezer

Geezer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    What other deal where you offered? i need to change phones and am looking at the 7250. What did you say to get that deal?

9. Messiah

Messiah

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +338
    How many miles? How on earth do you get any work done. That's over 1,000 miles a day if you work 7 days a week and with an average speed of say 55mph would mean you being in your vehicle actually driving for over 18 hours per day. That cannot be healthy :lesson:

Geez, what are you, an automaton?

10. m@rk

m@rk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +374
    No it's about 700 miles a week (I meant to put per YEAR)
    A trip to London at least once a week (500 miles round trip) soon adds up.

And of course, now it is easy to see why my mobile bill is so high.

11. Messiah

Messiah

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +338
    Now I see. I do about 40,000 miles per year and know how tiring that is so when I saw 35k per month I thought Wow!!! And yes, I know what a high mobile bill all this driving gives but I'm lucky in that I work for one of the 4 networks so don't have any bills :)

12. Geezer

Geezer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    BoneDaddy anyone there :D