Networking on Panasonic G10

skatanafas

Standard Member
May be a really thick question, but can I use the ethernet port on the back of my 42" G10 to connect to my home network and view photos / AVCHD video from my computer?

paulr2006

Distinguished Member
May be a really thick question, but can I use the ethernet port on the back of my 42" G10 to connect to my home network and view photos / AVCHD video from my computer?
No sorry, the Ethernet on the G10 is a Freesat requirement for future services like the BBC iplayer :)

skatanafas

Standard Member
Costco are doing the 46" G15 for about the same price as the 42"G10.

Does the additional 4" screen size mean that the picture deteriorates at all????

Not sure that the SD picture is that good on the 42" to start with, and don't want that getting worse...

paulr2006

Distinguished Member
Costco are doing the 46" G15 for about the same price as the 42"G10.

Does the additional 4" screen size mean that the picture deteriorates at all????

Not sure that the SD picture is that good on the 42" to start with, and don't want that getting worse...
Obviously the larger the screen the more SD will deteriorate dependant upon viewing distance, however I'm more than happy with the SD on my 50" V10 from 7.5 feet, much better than expected & you get the benefit of better HD & a more cinematic experience :)

skatanafas

Standard Member
Thanks Again Paul. Just been looking at he specs of the G15 on Panasonic's website and for DLNA, it quotes comapitibility with DviX/JPEG/MPEG2...

Does that mean that AVCHD is not actually compatible over DLNA???

paulr2006

Distinguished Member
Thanks Again Paul. Just been looking at he specs of the G15 on Panasonic's website and for DLNA, it quotes comapitibility with DviX/JPEG/MPEG2...

Does that mean that AVCHD is not actually compatible over DLNA???
Sorry not sure I know the answer to that though I don't think so, think toodeep will though :) what I can say is that it's quite limited, for instance it will not accept DIVX later than version 6 or MP3 etc. It's great for photo's & you can of course access youtube etc. but something like a PS3 can do a far better job for streaming, sorry can't help more :)

hodg100

Distinguished Member
Sorry not sure I know the answer to that though I don't think so, think toodeep will though :) what I can say is that it's quite limited, for instance it will not accept DIVX later than version 6 or MP3 etc. It's great for photo's & you can of course access youtube etc. but something like a PS3 can do a far better job for streaming, sorry can't help more :)
I now Aldi are selling a Network Streamer for around £50 at the mo, something of an Xtreamer copy. That would certainly be better than anything built in to the Panasonics:)

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Reported HDMI 2.1 bugs, Audiolab Amp & LG LED Projector reviews + Best of the Month
Top Bottom