Networking Help

akane_1984

Hi well I got my brothers PC fixed just put in a new Motherboard, now I re-installed XP Home as well to give him fresh start, sat today about 70+ auto updates needed done, IE7 etc. .

prior to motherboard change our home network was perfect;

Rangemax Netgear Router in My room - wired PC & wired 360

brothers room - wireless 360 (official adaptor) & wireless PC (wpn111). Problem is since re-installing the wpn111 adaptor it connects to network fine no problem within seconds back on the web but after a random space of time the connection just drops! I have tried a few things different usb ports and using windows networking instead of netgear smart wizard but still it drops out. and you get left with whats in screenshot, now to get it back you can simply just remove usb and re-plug.

any ideas?

my.php

I should add all other machines 360s' and my wired PC are working 100% fine.

Uridium

When you installed XP did you use supplied motherboard drivers from CD? If so download the latest ones from Nvidia/ATI etc.. as it could be down to your USB controller drivers

akane_1984

When you installed XP did you use supplied motherboard drivers from CD? If so download the latest ones from Nvidia/ATI etc.. as it could be down to your USB controller drivers

Ok will try that now thanks, tbh had it connected into each of the 4 usb slots in back and it dropped out now this was using USB extension lead I have it connected in without lead at present and just have status window up and its run without drop out for 20mins now. . but i wll try update motherboard drivers too.

akane_1984

quick update checked asrock.com and against my driver details everything is up to date.

The latest video from AVForums

Dog Soldiers & Flatliners 4K, Black Phone, RRR & Mad God on digital, plus 4K + Movie/TV News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom