Networking a Pure Bug

haggisman

May have a spare airport express unit. Anyone know if it is possible to hook the Bug> Airport express >stream music onto networked speakers etc (i.e.connected to a computer/another amp via another airport express) - would have to use some software perhaps (?airfoil). Cross posted this here and DAB forum

jont

AFAIK the express only streams music out of it's audio socket that it receives wirelessly - not the other way round ...

Jon

haggisman

AFAIK the express only streams music out of it's audio socket that it receives wirelessly - not the other way round ...

Jon
Thanks, rather feared that would be the case. T'was just a thought - the Bug has the facility to time elapse record etc and indeed record onto a card which, I think in a Windows environment at least, is recognised as a separate drive. Suppose that bit would work via the USB. All a bit hypothetical, just had the opportunity to play with a spare bit of kit.

Tenex

Novice Member
I used to record about 6 hours a day of BBC DAB radio via a Psion Wavefinder - I so miss being able to do that. I know I could do it via Freeview but I can't be bothered and it would cost a fortune via a Toppy etc.

Tenex

Novice Member
May have a spare airport express unit. Anyone know if it is possible to hook the Bug> Airport express >stream music onto networked speakers etc (i.e.connected to a computer/another amp via another airport express) - would have to use some software perhaps (?airfoil). Cross posted this here and DAB forum

Take a look at these these

Looks like its possible via alt kit.

jont

I used to record about 6 hours a day of BBC DAB radio via a Psion Wavefinder - I so miss being able to do that. I know I could do it via Freeview but I can't be bothered and it would cost a fortune via a Toppy etc.
You can always do it with Audio Hijack and the BBC real player ... that's how I record a few radio shows/concerts/etc ... and then edit them down in Fission or similar

Jon

haggisman

Take a look at these these

Looks like its possible via alt kit.
Hello again T, prob would work but a bit of a scunner to have to buy something when the "wiring" if not the software in situ!!

Was only a hypothetical, seems not a realistic option, just had vague aspiration that might work back to front:D

Tenex

Novice Member
I know what you mean, just posted it in case it was of interest.

What about streaming internet derived audio to the network? Haven't tried it myself...

Ned Senior

Maybe out of place here but I find there are plenty of good radio stations on iTunes find your fave by trial and error.. these tend to play the same tunes every day more or less till the station reschedules the playlist so you probably get bored after a while tho'
virgin classic rock is quite good and has a wide variety of not always heavy headbanging music from over the decades 60's till now!!
Not quite your recorded faves to choose at will but switch on log on and play some sounds..
I have 1 album and 1 other track stored on my pc and much prefer radio streams as it doesn't really get too stale
:)

Stolly

haggisman

Hello there, agree re iTunes radio stations and especially Virgin Classic rock. Enquirey was just a punt on "is it worth trying" type as could have had a spare airport express if I'd done some rejigging - seems unlikely to be worth the effort

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Reported HDMI 2.1 bugs, Audiolab Amp & LG LED Projector reviews + Best of the Month
Top Bottom