• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.
  • Black Friday Deals
    Visit our Black Friday page for our frequently updated, hand picked deals on TVs and other tech.

Networking A Humax 9200t

sawboman

Standard Member
I recently bought a 9200t, and have a couple of questions....

1) Can you/how do you set the 9200t to series record?

2)The distance between the humax and my PC is just over six metres, I cant get a USB cable long enough to connect to the PC. Therefore I am wondering if it would be possible to set up a wireless network and connect the humax to a wireless router. I have been thinking of doing such a thing for a while with my pc/laptop, but I really do not know too much about networking etc. so any help would be appreciated.

If I have posted in the wrong area, please forgive me.

Cheers

crammedin

2)The distance between the humax and my PC is just over six metres, I cant get a USB cable long enough to connect to the PC. Therefore I am wondering if it would be possible to set up a wireless network and connect the humax to a wireless router. I have been thinking of doing such a thing for a while with my pc/laptop, but I really do not know too much about networking etc. so any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

Hi.
1) When you edit a timer there is an option field for the repeat mode. The default is Once only. But you can choose different options if it is a series like Daily, Weekly, Weekday and Weekend. You have more options with the most recent software. In the near future the machine will record a series without the need for static timers meaning if the next episode of your series in on at a slightly different time next week or even moved to a different channel, the PVR will know and not miss it. Thats the theory anyway.

2) Its not possible to network the PVR but I suppose you could try 2 shorter USB cables instead of one long one with a cheap hub/repeater in the middle when needed.

IanSimmons

2)The distance between the humax and my PC is just over six metres, I cant get a USB cable long enough to connect to the PC.Cheers

I had the same problem with my Topfield. I have purchased a series of USB 2.0 extender (repeater) cables that allow you to extend by quite a distance. I just wind it back up when it's not needed. I think you can daisy-chain up to about 25m. I can't remember what make - I am not at home, but maybe someone else can make a recommendation?

Damon

Cheers

The shorter the cable the better, you say you have a laptop, is it not possible to use this and just network the laptop to the PC?

Damon

sawboman

Standard Member
Thanks for the comments/replies.

I'll try the repeater usb cable extender route. I cannot use the laptop as it is a work laptop.

Thanks,
Dave

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom