Networking A Humax 9200t

Discussion in 'Digital TV & Video Players & Recorders' started by sawboman, Dec 19, 2006.

Tags:
  1. sawboman

sawboman
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I recently bought a 9200t, and have a couple of questions....

1) Can you/how do you set the 9200t to series record?

2)The distance between the humax and my PC is just over six metres, I cant get a USB cable long enough to connect to the PC. Therefore I am wondering if it would be possible to set up a wireless network and connect the humax to a wireless router. I have been thinking of doing such a thing for a while with my pc/laptop, but I really do not know too much about networking etc. so any help would be appreciated.

If I have posted in the wrong area, please forgive me.

Cheers

2. crammedin

crammedin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +83
    Hi.
    1) When you edit a timer there is an option field for the repeat mode. The default is Once only. But you can choose different options if it is a series like Daily, Weekly, Weekday and Weekend. You have more options with the most recent software. In the near future the machine will record a series without the need for static timers meaning if the next episode of your series in on at a slightly different time next week or even moved to a different channel, the PVR will know and not miss it. Thats the theory anyway.

2) Its not possible to network the PVR but I suppose you could try 2 shorter USB cables instead of one long one with a cheap hub/repeater in the middle when needed.

3. IanSimmons

IanSimmons

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    I had the same problem with my Topfield. I have purchased a series of USB 2.0 extender (repeater) cables that allow you to extend by quite a distance. I just wind it back up when it's not needed. I think you can daisy-chain up to about 25m. I can't remember what make - I am not at home, but maybe someone else can make a recommendation?

4. Damon

Damon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    The shorter the cable the better, you say you have a laptop, is it not possible to use this and just network the laptop to the PC?

Damon

5. sawboman

sawboman
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the comments/replies.

I'll try the repeater usb cable extender route. I cannot use the laptop as it is a work laptop.

Thanks,
    Dave

6. Bearded_Malc

Bearded_Malc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    Just for info: it is possible to network the topfield which wasn't mention in the post above. USB is simpler though.