• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Network playlist WDTV

note4shawn

Standard Member
I seem to be having some trouble getting a playlist to work over the network. I am not sure if the format of my m3u files are not correct or if my path is wrong.

I am using the WDLXTV fw. It is my understanding that it only needs one line per song/movie. This is how mine looks:

#EXTM3U
/mnt/uPnP/Music/test.mp3

Now on my server in the upnp section I have this setup as my share /mnt/Media/Music/. So when I open the music files section in WDTV I see UPNP. I click on it and I see Music folder. Inside the music folder is test.mp3. Should the m3u file read more like this /mnt/Media/Music/test.mp3?

When I log into the WDTV via telnet I can get to /tmp/media/usb/uPnP and list its contents. It shows a folder called "media1: 1". I for the life of me cannot get into this folder. I know this folder is my NAS.

Any ideas how to mount the folder? I am not sure why it has the ": 1" at the end. The UPnP for my server is called media1. The folder path on my server is /mnt/Media/Music/.

Would really appreciate some input on this. If this has been answered already please point me in the right direction.

Thanks!

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom