Bargain Network/Online Video Streamers Bargain Thread

sjackson

With the run up to Black Friday / Cyber Monday I thought it might be worth starting a thread to track any streamer bargains that pop up that weekend and beyond.

Please feel free to contribute to this thread.

sjackson

First up I can see the Amazon Fire TV with 4K Ultra HD reduced down from it's usual £79.99 to £75. Not much of a reduction but guaranteed it will be down to £64.99 for Black Friday if it's consistent with previous sales.

mtenga

Distinguished Member
Humbug to American sales pushing!
Well I'm happy to be pushed if I can save a fiver :)

Might treat myself to something for the bedroom, in the media player vein of course :blush:

Haven't seen anything yet but might be some deals around next week.

sjackson

Well I'm happy to be pushed if I can save a fiver :)

Might treat myself to something for the bedroom, in the media player vein of course :blush:

Haven't seen anything yet but might be some deals around next week.
Lot to be said for the AFTV if you don't have one already in a bedroom system (especially for £65). I have one in my bedroom (+1 in the sitting room) and does Netflix, Plex etc very well. Obviously doesn't have all the HD audio functionality but either does my bedroom! Not everything Android is available in the Amazon OS ecosystem but most stuff is.

mtenga

Distinguished Member
Lot to be said for the AFTV if you don't have one already in a bedroom system (especially for £65). I have one in my bedroom (+1 in the sitting room) and does Netflix, Plex etc very well. Obviously doesn't have all the HD audio functionality but either does my bedroom! Not everything Android is available in the Amazon OS ecosystem but most stuff is.
I've had an AFTV in the bedroom in the past. But all I used it for was Netflix, Amazon and Plex. All of which are on my TV and XBOX in there. So to me the AFTV is not worth much these days, bit of a redundant device. They beefed up the stick so hopefully a new more fully functioned AFTV will turn up eventually.

My bedroom does have HD audio capability with a half decent Yamaha amp and 5.1 setup, so I currently use a WDTV for films.

sjackson

Lifted this from another forum. Wetek online store is giving 10% off when you use the code HTL10WS1 until November 30th.

nigelbb

Distinguished Member
The Roku Streaming Stick is just £17.99 on Amazon at present which is a helluva bargain. It's wireless only but does everything that the £75 Roku 3 does albeit slightly slower through the menus. iPlayer, Amazon Video, Netflix, Plex etc

JabbaNut

Would you bother with a basic one like this?

SCISHION V88 TV Box Rockchip 3229 Quad Core - UK PLUG BLACK 188036804
4K H.265 1GB DDR3 RAM 8GB eMMC ROM
Dispatch: Ships on Nov 23
Discount : 48% OFFPromo ends in: 1 day 18:20:24
Flash Sale Price £17.63

SCISHION V88 TV Box Rockchip 3229 Quad Core

Or this
NEXSMART D32 TV Box KODI 16.1
- UK PLUG BLACK 201475902
Android 5.1 32bit Armcortex A7 Quad-core 2.4G WiFi with eMMC Design

Dispatch: Ships on Nov 23

Discount : 47% OFF
Promo ends in: 1 day
Flash Sale Price £17.63

NEXSMART D32 TV Box KODI 16.1

Maybe a 2GB?

dolamee D5 TV Box Rockchip 3229 Quad Core
- 2GB+8GB BLACK+UK PLUG 193626506
Android 5.1 H.265 4K x 2K 2.4G WiFi KODI 16.1

Dispatch: Ships between Nov 25 - Nov 27

Discount : 60% OFF
Promo ends in: 1 day 17:58:29
Flash Sale Price £24.04

49 Pieces left

dolamee D5 TV Box Rockchip 3229 Quad Core

Last edited:

sjackson

Amazon Warehouse is doing 20% off. They currently have two Dune Solo 4K's in "very good" condition for £252 each. After discount they are £201.

sjackson

Minix Neo U1 lightning deal starting at 5.10pm.

JabbaNut

NOW TV Box with 6 month Entertainment Pass. £19.95
NOW TV Box with 6 month Entertainment Pass

NOW TV Box with 4 month Sky Movies Pass £19.95

NOW TV Box with 4 month Sky Movies Pass

Update

NOW TV Box with Sky Entertainment 6 Month Pass £19.00 tesodirect
Read more at Tesco direct: NOW TV Box with Sky Entertainment 6 Month Pass

NOW TV Box with 4 month Sky Movies Pass £19.00 tescodirect too

Argos as well
NOW TV Box with 6 Month Entertainment Pass 459/0602. £19
Buy NOW TV Box with 6 Month Entertainment Pass at Argos.co.uk - Your Online Shop for Smart TV boxes, Set top boxes, recorders and satellite, Technology.

NOW TV Box with 4 Months Kids' Entertainment Pass. 553/1828. £14.99

Buy NOW TV Box with 4 Months Kids' Entertainment Pass at Argos.co.uk - Your Online Shop for Smart TV boxes, Set top boxes, recorders and satellite, Technology.

sjackson

Amazon Fire TV controller down to £27.99. Still a mad price though.....

sjackson

sjackson

Zidoo X9S lightning deal from 1.30am

mtenga

Distinguished Member
Zidoo X9S lightning deal from 1.30am
Now showing from 12.59am for Prime members, so a bit more civilised with work tomorrow and all that :)

sjackson

Now showing from 12.59am for Prime members, so a bit more civilised with work tomorrow and all that :)
Yep Prime members get early access (which I'm not). When they let us access Prime Video over in Ireland I'll sign up (rumoured for next month)!

Must have a read of the review again for the X9S....

mtenga

Distinguished Member
Yep Prime members get early access (which I'm not). When they let us access Prime Video over in Ireland I'll sign up (rumoured for next month)!

Must have a read of the review again for the X9S....
It is £119 normally, wonder how much it will be reduced to...

sjackson

It is £119 normally, wonder how much it will be reduced to...
I'm guessing it will be down to £99. The Minix Neo U1 yesterday dropped £20 so I'd expect similar. Can't see there being 25% or 30% off it.

mtenga

Distinguished Member
I'm guessing it will be down to £99. The Minix Neo U1 yesterday dropped £20 so I'd expect similar. Can't see there being 25% or 30% off it.
Well that is not really worth staying up for if its only £20. But will probably be up anyway and have a look.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Home AV, TV, Tech News & Reviews, Plus The Best of July 2020

Trending threads

Latest News

Mulan to premiere on Disney+ on 4th September
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Has Amazon Prime Video dropped Dolby Atmos?
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
JBL launches 4349 Studio Monitor
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
LG Display next generation OLEDs showcased at SID 2020
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Top Bottom