• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

network my av receiver

ashsnart

Standard Member
I am constructing a small tv/audio room in my house, i have all my ceiling speakers wired back to my loft (6m away at most from tv position). i have some cat 6 cables from behind the tv to the loft also (hoping to use cat6 to hdmi convertor to bring picture etc from av receiver) my question is what av receiver to use, this is my first audio room. i will be using my sonos zp90 or bridge as some people call it to play my itunes libary through the av receiver and ceiling speakers, i was going to start with a basic onkyo 309 or something like that, i dont use sky, should i get a reciever that has upscaling and networking etc. if so what sort i dont want to spend to much, maybe 500 at most. i might one day in the future want to watch all my films via the net through the av receiver if pos? i say its in the loft its more like mission control, cctv drive etc, aerial all in the same room.

any help is welcome

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom